+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 12 day cruise with a 2yo???

Hi,
    We have been invited to join DH's extended family on a cruise next June. DS will just be over 2 years old. I don't really know what to do.

I would love a holiday but not sure about a 2yo on a cruise ship. He will be too young for the kids club and just not sure if he will be bored on a boat. I imagine the cabin would be quite small as well so its not like he can take toys to play with. Toddlers also can't wear swimming nappies in the pool - does anyone know more about this?

Has anyone done a cruise with a toddler? Pro's and con's??? We are not paying for the cruise either. And there is also a good chance I will be pregnant as well, so any thoughts on going on a cruise whilst pregnant (that is mainly food related).

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    We thought about going on a cruise this year, when our DS was around 20 months old, but we decided against it, for the reasons you mentioned. I wasn't so much worried about him being bored, as he'll explore anywhere, but more that we would be stressing about trying to keep him in the areas that are appropriate/safe for toddlers.

Also, I have to admit, I was worried about the horror stories I've heard about food poisoning or getting sick, and I thought I do NOT want to be sick or have a sick child while we were stuck on a boat.

Like I said, we decided against it so I can't really give you direct experiences so I hope someone else might be able to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump