ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, just relieved that it all went ok, I had a straight forward VB.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you feel empowered after giving birth?

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    No way!! I felt cheated, abused, like I was not important..completely insignificant. I had a horrible birth.

I'm hoping I can get a positive experience with a c-section this time.
    I did feel empowered after DD2s birth, elective c-section compared to DD1s birth, emergency c-section after 12 hours of intense labour... I believe you can still feel empowered with a c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First birth I did.
    second birth was more just relief it was over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!!
    Although for my first I was abit clueless about the whole thing, until all the midwives and every other staff member from the ward and other wards starting poking their head in and saying "ooooh so this is the young girl I've been hearing about, I heard your birth was amazing!"... so then I started feeling like it was abit special LOL.

My second birth I did feel empowered as I aimed for a pain relief-drug free birth and got it.
    My third birth I felt very empowered as I aimed for a totally drug and intervention free birth and I got it. It was wonderful and I was very proud of myself.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you feel empowered after giving birth?

Yes amazingly so, I was on a birth high for ages and couldn't wait to tell everyone about it. I did it!!! I not only grew an amazingly gorgeous baby girl but I gave birth to her naturally.

I had these ideas in my head about how my birth would be and it was all that and more. It was extremely painful but I was in control.

My husband supported me 110% and we made decisions through it together than meant it was my labour, not how the hospital or anyone else wanted it. My time spent reading had paid off. My husband empowered me even more with his trust and support.

I was extremely blessed to have a great nurse and OB and it was just them in the room the whole time so it was strangely very person and intimate.

I am scared though my second (10 weeks now) wont go as well but I hope to keep the open mind I had last time.

My husband loved our labour too, he even got to have a little beer while I counted contractions and ate ribs at a pub close to the hospital while we were walking and waiting for contractions to speed up before going in.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Did you feel empowered after giving birth?

Yes, for both my first labour which ended in emergency c-section, and second which was vbac. Both times I was so bloody impressed with myself and how well I coped, even with what seemed like unbearable pain.

Interestingly, I was a big sissy baby when getting my tear stitched up, the midwife was trying to console me by saying 'you're so strong, you just had a baby' abd i cried and sniffled back 'it's not fair, I had the baby already! It's not meant to hurt anymore'

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Jaspers birth no. Not at all. It was horrible.

Katelyns was very much so.

Not to be confused with difficulty, pain and time though. Jaspers labour/birth was *quicker* and *easier* and *less painful* but it was traumatic in other ways. Katelyns birth was like the Olympics of birthing. Lol. But I was so amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Ha same FL I hated being sewn up. And I also had a sook about getting a needle the next day. The mw was like "but you just gave birth?!" Yeah needles still suck. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    With DS definitely not. This birth left me feeling useless, as though I had failed in the first step of motherhood. (I had every form of intervention other than a c-s).

With DD, most definitely. I got to labour in the comfort of my home and do as I wished with no one poking, prodding, analysing, measuring etc. I chose when I wanted to start pushing, I chose what position I wanted to be and I birthed her all by myself (ie, no intervention). I did, I frikkin did it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I did with DS until I met the midwife in the ward. Very condescending, patronising in nature and had the nerve to look me in the eye and tell me the name I'd chosen was a 'sissy/coward' name back in England..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub