ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My husband works away for a week at a time and I've had the odd person here and there telling me to go on single parent pension. Fact is, we could probably do it and get away with it but not only is it dishonest but the risk is too great for us.

However I don't think they're telling us that to be dishonest or nasty or anything, I think they truly think we'd be better off (and we actually would be...but not THAT much really). I think people just don't want to see people struggling...especially the older generation, they know, you see. They've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I guess in their mind if there's an opportunity to stuggle less than why not take it. They probably don't understand the full repercussions of being found out as a fraud.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: This is just a vent!! and wondering if any one else has had the same issue?

Do whats right, if these people know you are in relationship om spp and u have anbargument nothins stopping them from dobbing you in, and yes you can go to jail, i was a correctional officer guy was in for 3 years for defrauding centrelink 5 times,

Sent from my XT320 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks every one

i wouldn't do it unless i had to, due to being a single parent as how is it fair for me to rip off the system when others need it more then i? i have been on a center link payment before and i hated how i felt being on it (sort of felt like they owned my soul lol)

i get that the older generation doesn't want to see the younger generations suffer..... i think what i was really getting annoyed about it as every time they suggest it, it reminds me that i'm relying on DP for money which i haven't had to rely on anyone (apart for the brief time i was receiving center link payments) for since before i started working.... which is over 7 years ago now.

anyways thank you for letting me have my rant and understanding my frustration with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive had numerous people tell me to do this and about 8 of my friends do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for being honest. I think it's disgusting that some people believe they are entitled to steal tax payer's money. If I found out a friend was doing that I'd dob them in in a second. Not only is it theft, it is seriously unfair on those who do need the money and struggle to get it.