+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Angry This is just a vent!! and wondering if any one else has had the same issue?

ok before i start i wish to stress that this is about advice that i have been given and don't agree with.... i am in no way judging others or what they do within their life as everyone is different and has different things to deal with.

So since telling people that I am pregnant, I am constantly getting told that i should try to get the single parent pension after bubs is born..... now if i was going to be a single parent i would try too (and good on you to all the single mums out there... you are doing an incredible job!!) but the thing is i'm not, DP move in with my mum and i earlier this year and we have been together for awhile now and he has told me time and time again that he isn't going any where as he wants to be there for bubs and I.... the thing that sh*ts me the most is that everyone knows that we are living together yet still tells me to do the same thing..... you know what sh*ts me the most though is that its mainly the older generations that are telling me i should do it (even my nan!!).

my reply to most have been that if i did and got caught that its not just paying the money back but is also jail time as it is consider fraud (i have no idea if that is true or not).... i just cant believe the pressure I am getting of people to do this.... i get that they are thinking of me but seriously??

DP and i are able to live of what he earns even though its going to be a little tight from time to time but seeing as I will be able to claim the paid parental leave from the government and have decided to go back to work casually when bubs is 6 months old its not like we'll be living off his wages alone for very long.

it just frustrates me that people will complain about others ripping off the system but will encourage someone else to do it at the same time!! it just doesn't make sense to me!!

i have friends that live off the single parent pension but that's due to the fact that they have no other option and i totally respect them for doing it as it is hard and they all put their children first which leaves every little for them to have any "down time" with.

any ways that's my rant over and done with... i honestly hope i haven't offended anyone with it as that wasn't my intention to do so. and if you have gotten this far thanks for reading

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPrincess27 For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default This is just a vent!! and wondering if any one else has had the same issue?

Good on you for being honest and doing the right thing! If only everyone had this kind of attitude! Good luck with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How odd!! I would just say that you're not willing to commit an offence, end of story and move onto the next topic. I can't believe people actually suggest this!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

soon2bmumzy  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default This is just a vent!! and wondering if any one else has had the same issue?

What the?!? Lol I am on single parenting and can't wait to go to work and get my own money coming in!
    I can't believe people are telling you to go for it?!? So strange.....

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a couple of people tell me the same thing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I just told them that I do not agree with doing dishonest things and regardless of what they say, I will not even consider doing something like that.

You just have to be firm without being nasty in your response.

I have no idea why people say things like that, but best thing to do is just politely reject and ignore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

LilPrincess27  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i couldn't believe it either when one person suggested it to me but lately more people have and every time i'm like what the??? most times i try to be polite but some of the people have brought it up more then once, so i feel like i have to justify why i am saying i wont do it..... which annoys me even more considering i find it a bit of a no brainer really

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know people who are on centrelink payments that they don't deserve to have. These people tend to be off the attitude that the world owes them a living, they don't seem to think they should have to work and believe that the government somehow owes them the money they get.

To be honest if you are getting this a lot, I'd assume it was something to do with the demographic of where you live or the people you associate with, because not once have I ever gotten the suggestion that I should apply for centrelink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We had a couple tell us when we first had DD to lie to CL and me get the SPP. They had been doing it for a decade and they told us it's pretty much impossible to get caught as the 'non custodial parent' is allowed to stay 2 nights a week.... which can explain his stuff there or why he is there when CL visits. It really ticked me off as we are honest people and DH was pulling sheep's stomachs apart in an abattoirs to support his family while they blew heaps on drugs and take away. Needless to say we didn't do it. we have a thing call pride....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: This is just a vent!! and wondering if any one else has had the same issue?

My sister is on a SPP (because she is a single parent) and still struggles and is studying so she can get a job and not be dependant on centrelink. I will only ever accept what I am allowed such as the paid parental leave. People who are dishonest end up making it harder on people like my sister who genuinely need the support.

Sent from my HTC One S using BubHub