Closed Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I have to admit I don't really understand the sentiment that women should be "paid" (I use that term loosely) to stay home until their kids are in school. I don't see why it's an issue to return to work earlier than that and have them in some sort of care.
    I don't know if this article has been quoted already but *this* is why its a massive issue for me to go back to work. I would take home next to nothing. And there are 1000's of women just like me.
    http://m.theage.com.au/national/moth...124-2a00y.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012),ToonZie  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yes if we cant make it on my income he should but we are so he has the choice to stay home.
    I'm not questioning that choice, having a parent at home is a very valid choice. That's why I am. I just get confused on your logic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm not questioning that choice, having a parent at home is a very valid choice. That's why I am. I just get confused on your logic.
    What dont you understand I am sure I just am not explaining it well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    when we had no money we made it work - DH got a second job, I was doing cash work on the side etc.
    At least people on the dole pay taxes on their payments unlike such illegal "cash work"...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yes if we cant make it on my income he should but we are so he has the choice to stay home.
    Are you able to work and have your partner stay home but don't get any govie benefits for your children? Purely out of interest sake, i wonder how we'll do that with 2 or 3 let alone 5. It must be hard to raise 5 kids on one income.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I'm sorry to say but if it was such great money, everyone would live on it.
    I call BS on anyone who thinks you can pay rent, put food on the table, utilities, transport and phone on $250 pw. I don't even want to get started on the suggestion that those working cash in hand, defrauding the Australian public and government of tax dollars are soooo much better than those on benefits
    Well said!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToonZie For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lillytheo View Post
    Why do we have to work? Because we don't get one cent of assistance from the government, we pay full cost for everything, no rent assistance, no utilities assistance, no health care card, nothing, because we want to put a roof over our children's head and hopefully one day own our own home so we have something to leave our children when we die, so that we can give them the best chance at a good education & perhaps they will be in a better position when they are adults, we want to give them the best we possibly can and we understand to do that we have to work hard, pay our taxes, pay for people who bludge (and people who fall on tough times) so that once everyone else has dipped into our wages and taken their bit of our hard earned money we can have enough left over to do the best for our kids and hey hopefully we'll set a good example that hard work and persistence pays off in life and our children won't fall into the "welfare trap".

Why should Australian workers pay for the fact someone decided to have children and that a relationship didn't work out?

I also resent paying for those that keep having child after child knowing they can't support them. Lots of us don't or have a limit on the number of children we have because that is all we can support.
    Okey dokey. Sure hope your partner never passes away unlike some people I know who has had this happen to them. We should just leave them to it I guess ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (01-12-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    personally I dont see the point in continuing the welfare cycle, and forcing children to grow up in poverty. and the few true 'bludgers' out there wont get work if they cant survive on govt payments, and are far more likely to either work cash, or turn to crime.
    Its not as easy as 'just get a job' when DH looked in our town, he was unable to find anything local, for which he wasnt over qualified. (they wouldnt hire him out of fear he would get bored, or try to demand higher wages since he was more 'management' than 'team member' material)
    I personally would have to relocate 3500km for my old career, on my old salary.
    We are very fortunate to be able to live without needing to work (though DH now does 1 day a week) while DH studies, and without relying on welfare other than our family tax money.
    Thats very lucky for us, as there are ZERO OSHC places here, which dont require you to book your child in from 7-5, even though they are at school from 830-330, and of course pay for the whole day. (so with two kids its your entire average wage)

Id rather that centrelink payments were higher, with more support for retraining and access to childcare (which of course involves more funding to childcare education, rather than the 'fee for service' which is currently being introduced in tafe, increasing fees by 200%, and lowering enrolments, as such expensive training for a low paid job is crazy!)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Are you able to work and have your partner stay home but don't get any govie benefits for your children? Purely out of interest sake, i wonder how we'll do that with 2 or 3 let alone 5. It must be hard to raise 5 kids on one income.
    Yes its not easy, The kids understand that we cant just go out and buy things like before so we save and buy things. We did well at christmas all the kids are getting nice gifts thanks to layaway that we did in June. Easy no doable yes

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

" As long as im right, stuff everyone else" pretty much sums up this thread

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (01-12-2012)