Closed Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you think perhaps some of the negativity towards those on benefits from some comes from the fact that a lot of families are struggling at the moment with rising cost of living and housing prices but they earn just that little bit too much to receive any government benefits? Mortgages are so much more than they were a generation ago. Perhaps they don't really see how much (or how little) people receive but they feel a bit disgruntled that they don't receive anything? Not that they are entitled to, its just getting more and more of a struggle these days to keep on top of bills and things. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Do you think perhaps some of the negativity towards those on benefits from some comes from the fact that a lot of families are struggling at the moment with rising cost of living and housing prices but they earn just that little bit too much to receive any government benefits? Mortgages are so much more than they were a generation ago. Perhaps they don't really see how much (or how little) people receive but they feel a bit disgruntled that they don't receive anything? Not that they are entitled to, its just getting more and more of a struggle these days to keep on top of bills and things. Just a thought.
    Absolutely clem! And well said too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    So are you saying that people that dont agree with the current system are only angry because they cant get money? If that was the case wouldnt they just quit their jobs and get on the payments themselves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Push to increase inadequate dole rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    So are you saying that people that dont agree with the current system are only angry because they cant get money? If that was the case wouldnt they just quit their jobs and get on the payments themselves?
    Pretty sure that's not what she was saying...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Umm how on earth did you draw that bow....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Umm how on earth did you draw that bow....
    Not sure lol just seemed that might have been what you are getting at. Not what you meant no problem I apologize

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Prejudice against the poor/working class has been happening for too long for it to be caused by this.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (01-12-2012),WorkingClassMum  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Prejudice against the poor/working class has been happening for too long for it to be caused by this.
    yes this is true. I just wondered if it might be an element in this current discussion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Benji  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    Wow that blows my mind. I feed a family of five for $110 a week! Including junk food treats! When you need to survive you do. It doesn't matter how much you get IMO when we had no money we made it work - DH got a second job, I was doing cash work on the side etc. if DH could get two jobs (one was delivering food, the other was a desk job) how can people sit on the dole for years claiming they haven't found anything. I also claim bull****
    You did cash work on the side? Then you ought be ashamed of yourself. That is a crime and IMO far worse than any dole bludger you dare call bullsh1t on.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-12-2012),Boobycino  (30-11-2012),Gandalf  (30-11-2012),HarvestMoon  (01-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    A friend was telling me a story from her client... They advertised a job in Brisbane for a parttime position. Advertiser took down the ad after less than 24 hours, they already had over 300 applicants.

There may be lots of jobs to go round in your area. It doesn't mean that's the case everywhere. You also need to remember that once you have a few qualifications and experience, they won't take you for those more entry level jobs. Mark my words by mid next year Brisbane will be full of highly qualified out of work people who can't find jobs. They'll be lying on their resume's to make them seem LESS experienced and qualified just to get a wage at all.
    One place where I work we advertised a casual place 6hrs per week - within 24 hours we had 30 applicants.

My kids school had a grad position going, they got 180 applicants