+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any uncoordinated people tried Zumba and enjoyed it?

There is a Zumba class for $10 at the local hall two doors down from me, I'm considering joining but....I'm so unco! I look like a drunken turkey when I try and dance! I'm also a bit shy so I don't know how comfortable I'd feel in front of strangers.
    I've heard it's good exercise though which I need, anyone else a bit hesitant but ended up enjoying it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any uncoordinated people tried Zumba and enjoyed it?

Can u maybe go for one trial class before committing? I tried a couple of classes but I am really uncoordinated, it just wasn't for me but you never know, you might love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yep me. I am very uncoordinated and I have no sense rhythm either but I love it and I love what it is doing to my body. In the last 5 weeks I have lost 9.6kgs, 17cms of my waist, 13cms of my hips, 7cms of my thighs, 3cms of my bust and 4cms of my arms.

Here is a link to my daily Zumba diary
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...php?893-anewme

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Any uncoordinated people tried Zumba and enjoyed it?

I'm super unco, I worked at a gym for a while and was dared to try a step class, all the instructors proceeded to line up at the window and get their daily dose of laughter.
    Love zumba though, found it awesome.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Any uncoordinated people tried Zumba and enjoyed it?

I'm really uncoordinated and tried it for a few weeks, and while it's really fun I didn't feel like I was getting as much of a work out as I could be. So I went back to my usual step and combat classes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a friend ask me to join a Zumba class, but I ended up borrowing the DVD's off someone first to get the hang of it before I joined... which I didn't end up doing because I am slack I did enjoy it though! Might be an idea for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im unco too (can only dance if rotten drunk, and even then i probably look like a half dead octopus). Ive tried step classes and Body Dance ect and could not do it. Zumba i can though, i only went 4times (was on holidays) and by the 4th class i looked like i knew what i was doing. It was such a workout too.