ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Travelling for christmas

Does anyone else dread the chaos of travelling for christmas?

So this year we are travelling to visit family for christmas. I am dreading the organising,the packing, the driving, the drinking and the general chaos.

We are going to my sisters and my parents are joining us there. There. Will be 5 adults and 6 kids ranging in ages from 3-16. All staying in a 3 bedroom house.

The reason im going is because of everyone else. The kids will love it, my parents are excited to see all the grandkids. But me im just over christmas. My husband will be staying home because hes on call for work. We havent travelled for christmas for over 5 years.

Anyway the real question is...am I the only one that dreads travelling at christmas time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We don't travel for Christmas but I would love it. I love going away with a big group and staying in the same house. It just makes it different than just the boring, normal day to day stuff that I do by myself with only children to talk to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We used to do it most years for Christmas/Easter and I loved it. I'm sort of glad we don't have to do it anymore but I wouldn't mind it every now and then

Thanks
    Reviews
    we travel at christmas.....
    but only to get AWAY from family

so no, i love travelling at christmas.
    i wouldn't fly on christmas eve but have actually flown christmas day and it was fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Amira  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Travelling for christmas

You are not the only one. I hate travelling for christmas. We live between two and five hours away from family and always seem to travel. Oh how I would love to spend Christmas at home as a family of four for the first time. I can only dream...

Thanks
    Reviews

Well, it's a 20hr drive for me and the kiddies this year. Not exactly looking forward to it...

First we will drive 8hrs to my mum and dads house, unpack my car and carseats into dads car, and then he, mum, myself and the kiddies (2 and 4) will drive another 12 hours to Sydney to be with my dads side of the family.

We did it 2 years ago, which was the first time in almost 10 years and again this year. It is my Great Grampa's 104th Christmas. I kind of can't miss it, really.

I'm sad though, because hubby can't come. It will be hard being away from him for a week and a half over Chrissy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Daydream Believer I will stop complaining about my 6 hour drive up the coast now!! Good luck with the trip I hope the traffic isnt too bad for you.

Our destination is the mid north coast. So alot of tourists. Which is why we're staying in the house instead of a hotel or something.

It will be good seeing everyone, just very crazy at the same time.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We usually drive up North to see family (18 hours away). Sometimes we fly, but driving means we get to visit family who live along the way, plus we have our car and car seats etc with us at the destination.

I generally don't mind, but this year we are staying put for Christmas and I actually feel pretty relieved about it! It has been a big year, it will be nice to just relax at home.

Thanks
    Reviews

We aren't going far (3.5 hours) but its the first time with 6 month old dd who still feeds like a newborn, we'll see how often we have to stop! :-P

We're going to a wine region and I am hanging out for it!

Enjoy your trips everyone (as much as you can!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Travelling for christmas

We're travelling 10 hours away by car for 2 weeks over Xmas and new year. I can't wait!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub