+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Pregnant on Depo

When will you get your BTs back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Lovemyfam, no he didn't. Which is why I am so confused. I guess he thinks its just too unlikely (given the depo is 99% effective).

Kidplusthree, I'm in mixed minds. I'd be thrilled if I was but I also know it would make life extremely difficult.

Waterlily, I will *hopefully* have them back Monday sometime (probably not til the arv).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exactly...99% effective....means that the other 1% isnt effective.

Even getting a tubal ligation can fail....small chance but it does happen.

At my DPs work one of his colleges was on the Implanon. She had it put in...was in for about 3 months...went out drinking and had her first ever one night stand.

Thinking she was safe she didnt worry about any other form of contraception (yea she should have used a condom but thats another thread). And guess what....she fell pregnant.

She went back to the doc and apparently he didnt put it in properly so it didnt work. She then sued him for $100k if I remember correctly.

Anyway I know its not the same - Implanon v Depo - but the fact is they arent 100% and I just think maybe your doc is trying to cover his butt and is hoping you arent pregnant.

Good luck with everything and I hope however it turns out works for you and your family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

I never thought of that FluffyDucks. He is a brilliant dr, impeccable reputation so I guess of something like this did happen he would probably be worried about how it would look for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    Exactly...99% effective....means that the other 1% isnt effective.

Even getting a tubal ligation can fail....small chance but it does happen.

At my DPs work one of his colleges was on the Implanon. She had it put in...was in for about 3 months...went out drinking and had her first ever one night stand.

Thinking she was safe she didnt worry about any other form of contraception (yea she should have used a condom but thats another thread). And guess what....she fell pregnant.

She went back to the doc and apparently he didnt put it in properly so it didnt work. She then sued him for $100k if I remember correctly.

Anyway I know its not the same - Implanon v Depo - but the fact is they arent 100% and I just think maybe your doc is trying to cover his butt and is hoping you arent pregnant.

Good luck with everything and I hope however it turns out works for you and your family.
    Yikes! Did she win?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I never thought of that FluffyDucks. He is a brilliant dr, impeccable reputation so I guess of something like this did happen he would probably be worried about how it would look for him.

Its sad that a Dr should have to worry about this Hope you get your answer soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Its sad that a Dr should have to worry about this Hope you get your answer soon.
    It is. But it's not his fault- he didn't make the injection he just gave it. Implanon I can understand- if it's not inserted properly its not as effective as it should be- but with depo it's really beyond his control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yikes! Did she win?
    yep sure did! It was an obvious incorrect insertion (cant remember why) and she had gone back to the docs to say she was still getting regular periods and thought it was odd but doc assured her she was safe. It was about 4 years ago...in the papers and everything. She didnt believe in abortion so she felt she was forced to have the baby...she had also left an abusive relationship so she was finally feeling free and wanted to go out and have fun. Was quite traumatic for her.

Sorry OP to derail

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    yep sure did! It was an obvious incorrect insertion (cant remember why) and she had gone back to the docs to say she was still getting regular periods and thought it was odd but doc assured her she was safe. It was about 4 years ago...in the papers and everything. She didnt believe in abortion so she felt she was forced to have the baby...she had also left an abusive relationship so she was finally feeling free and wanted to go out and have fun. Was quite traumatic for her.

Sorry OP to derail
    Oh the poor girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Blood test is negative :'(