+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,468
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    34
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Pregnant on Depo

    When will you get your BTs back?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,405
    Thanks
    821
    Thanked
    2,486
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Pregnant on Depo

    Lovemyfam, no he didn't. Which is why I am so confused. I guess he thinks its just too unlikely (given the depo is 99% effective).

    Kidplusthree, I'm in mixed minds. I'd be thrilled if I was but I also know it would make life extremely difficult.

    Waterlily, I will *hopefully* have them back Monday sometime (probably not til the arv).

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Vic...Bubhubbing!
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked
    526
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exactly...99% effective....means that the other 1% isnt effective.

    Even getting a tubal ligation can fail....small chance but it does happen.

    At my DPs work one of his colleges was on the Implanon. She had it put in...was in for about 3 months...went out drinking and had her first ever one night stand.

    Thinking she was safe she didnt worry about any other form of contraception (yea she should have used a condom but thats another thread). And guess what....she fell pregnant.

    She went back to the doc and apparently he didnt put it in properly so it didnt work. She then sued him for $100k if I remember correctly.

    Anyway I know its not the same - Implanon v Depo - but the fact is they arent 100% and I just think maybe your doc is trying to cover his butt and is hoping you arent pregnant.

    Good luck with everything and I hope however it turns out works for you and your family.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

    SheWarrior  (24-11-2012)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,405
    Thanks
    821
    Thanked
    2,486
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Pregnant on Depo

    I never thought of that FluffyDucks. He is a brilliant dr, impeccable reputation so I guess of something like this did happen he would probably be worried about how it would look for him.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    Exactly...99% effective....means that the other 1% isnt effective.

    Even getting a tubal ligation can fail....small chance but it does happen.

    At my DPs work one of his colleges was on the Implanon. She had it put in...was in for about 3 months...went out drinking and had her first ever one night stand.

    Thinking she was safe she didnt worry about any other form of contraception (yea she should have used a condom but thats another thread). And guess what....she fell pregnant.

    She went back to the doc and apparently he didnt put it in properly so it didnt work. She then sued him for $100k if I remember correctly.

    Anyway I know its not the same - Implanon v Depo - but the fact is they arent 100% and I just think maybe your doc is trying to cover his butt and is hoping you arent pregnant.

    Good luck with everything and I hope however it turns out works for you and your family.
    Yikes! Did she win?

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I never thought of that FluffyDucks. He is a brilliant dr, impeccable reputation so I guess of something like this did happen he would probably be worried about how it would look for him.

    Its sad that a Dr should have to worry about this Hope you get your answer soon.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,405
    Thanks
    821
    Thanked
    2,486
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Pregnant on Depo

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Its sad that a Dr should have to worry about this Hope you get your answer soon.
    It is. But it's not his fault- he didn't make the injection he just gave it. Implanon I can understand- if it's not inserted properly its not as effective as it should be- but with depo it's really beyond his control.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Vic...Bubhubbing!
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked
    526
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yikes! Did she win?
    yep sure did! It was an obvious incorrect insertion (cant remember why) and she had gone back to the docs to say she was still getting regular periods and thought it was odd but doc assured her she was safe. It was about 4 years ago...in the papers and everything. She didnt believe in abortion so she felt she was forced to have the baby...she had also left an abusive relationship so she was finally feeling free and wanted to go out and have fun. Was quite traumatic for her.

    Sorry OP to derail

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,405
    Thanks
    821
    Thanked
    2,486
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Pregnant on Depo

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    yep sure did! It was an obvious incorrect insertion (cant remember why) and she had gone back to the docs to say she was still getting regular periods and thought it was odd but doc assured her she was safe. It was about 4 years ago...in the papers and everything. She didnt believe in abortion so she felt she was forced to have the baby...she had also left an abusive relationship so she was finally feeling free and wanted to go out and have fun. Was quite traumatic for her.

    Sorry OP to derail
    Oh the poor girl

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,405
    Thanks
    821
    Thanked
    2,486
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Pregnant on Depo

    Blood test is negative :'(


 

Similar Threads

  1. Pregnant on Depo
    By SheWarrior in forum Support for unplanned pregnancies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 12:22
  2. Depo shot
    By Becks23 in forum Contraception issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 13:08
  3. Depo.....Convince Me!
    By bambino in forum Contraception issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 13:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›