+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Is what you wear dependent more on your age, body type, culture or other?

Quote Originally Posted by mummykahla View Post
    This is the type of thing I *usually* wear
    This is my usual getup too! With the hair and makeup to match
    I dress to my culture.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 21-11-2012 at 08:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What I wear is definitley dependant on body type....and now it has to have boob access (bfing). I am overweight so I am trying to hide my body and feel uncomfortable in most clothes. I am also old (40) so not sure what I should be wearing if that makes sense. I like the casual surfy look but feel I am too old and too fat to pull it off. Maybe if I was thin....maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is what you wear dependent more on your age, body type, culture or other?

Quote Originally Posted by MummaHan View Post
    This is my usual getup too! With the hair and makeup to match
    I dress to my culture.
    My hair colour changes almost every week lol at the moment it's magenta. I haven't had a *normal* hair colour for over 7 months! I usually wear pretty heavy eye makeup too. When I'm feeling crap about myself I wear leggings/jeans and a hoodie but always the same makeup lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dress for comfort and my body type. I have wobbly belly, big thigh and big legs so mostly i wear dresses pass my knees and sometimes maxi dresses. Also I find it more practical to buy dresses as they cover top and bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is what you wear dependent more on your age, body type, culture or other?

When I'm at home I just dress for comfort - tracky dacks, loose tops or jumpers, barefoot in the summer, ugg boots in winter, just comfortable clothes.

At work usually business clothes - more on the comfortable side when I'm not feeling well, or I'll dress up in something a bit more fancy if I want to look a bit special.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dress the way I do due to a complete lack of fashion sense and finances.

I wear jeans and tshirts or shorts and tshirts, puchased from discount or department stores such as target and kmart.

If I had the money, I would pay someone to help me find the right sort of fashion for me and shop for me, but I don't, and if I try to go into a store and buy something a little more fashionable, I always end up in tears. So I stick to my daggy shorts and tshirts. I really am lame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dress with what the current fashion is, I have a lovely figure I am proud of and I can get away with wearing anything and I do. I like fitted tops, skirts and shorts, leggings with flowing tops. I dress what I am comfortable wearing. I spend a fortune on my hair, getting it cut and colored regularly. I love makeup too although as I am getting older I am wearing less to enhance my natural looks rather than change them. I often go without makeup on the weekend and dress very casual.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 21-11-2012 at 14:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    For my shape and personal taste, but also it relies heavy on my budget. lol.

I prefer clothing that cinches in at the waist to show my shape, and that covers parts I don't like (my thighs, my lower tummy) and accentuates my waist and shows off my bust (depending on where I'm going - boobs out isn't for grandparent visits... lol).

I mostly live in dresses and skirts. I feel too butch and unfeminine in pants/shorts. I only wear them if I'm going to a theme park or something (I had to buy a pair especially for that recently... lol) or for college where pants are required as part of the uniform. I would only choose to wear them if I was freezing cold.

There are plenty of clothing items I'd love to wear, but could never get away with due to my body shape and size. Short shorts and me will never work, but I'd love a pair. I'd love to wear a vintage playsuit. I'd love to wear a babydoll that just hangs from the shoulders. I'd love to wear high-waisted flared jeans, but my c-sec apron will never let me get away with it (maybe after my tummy tuck!). I also love a lot of the 60s mod stuff, but I'm too curvy for that stuff... it requires a more streamlined figure.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 21-11-2012 at 19:29.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't dress for age or body shape and rarely dress for comfort.
    If I like something, I will buy it and wear it, not a lot of thought really goes into it.

It's *where* I wear the outfit that I take into consideration - i.e.: I would wear a tailored skirt with blouse and heels to work, summer dress or denim shorts to the park, jeans with flats if shopping, fitted dress & heels if going to a nice restaurant...for special occasions (weddings etc) I like dresses with a fitted bodice and full skirt... etc etc. Sometimes I overdress for certain places...but better to overdress than under-dress
    Last edited by Witwicky; 21-11-2012 at 21:35.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is what you wear dependent more on your age, body type, culture or other?

I dress for price I have no fashion sense! I generally wear my clothes till they wear out!