+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    gold coast
    Posts
    842
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked
    103
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Husband's snoring

    Yeah think I may have to look into one of these mouth guards just convincing dh to try it, may have to try and work it so he thinks it is his idea his dad has sleep apnea so do get worried about that. He doesn't drink a lot and while he could maybe lose 1 -2 kg it's not like he is obese or anything.

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,613
    Thanks
    1,495
    Thanked
    689
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Husband's snoring

    Quote Originally Posted by tamute View Post
    He calls them his love purrs and he is trying to lull me to sleep with them
    Haha I just woke DD stifling a giggle

    Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,568
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamute View Post
    Yeah think I may have to look into one of these mouth guards just convincing dh to try it, may have to try and work it so he thinks it is his idea his dad has sleep apnea so do get worried about that. He doesn't drink a lot and while he could maybe lose 1 -2 kg it's not like he is obese or anything.
    Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    Is sleep apnea dangerous? My husband may have it he snores but the other thing he will do is hold his breath in his sleep. He always takes a breath eventually

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    gold coast
    Posts
    842
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked
    103
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Husband's snoring

    Lovemyfam yes it can be and it sounds like your dh may have it would be best if you can get him to see his doctor about it

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,568
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamute View Post
    Lovemyfam yes it can be and it sounds like your dh may have it would be best if you can get him to see his doctor about it

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    thanks ill let him know

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,397
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Husband's snoring

    Quote Originally Posted by tamute View Post
    Yeah think I may have to look into one of these mouth guards just convincing dh to try it, may have to try and work it so he thinks it is his idea his dad has sleep apnea so do get worried about that. He doesn't drink a lot and while he could maybe lose 1 -2 kg it's not like he is obese or anything.

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    If you can convince him to try something then that's a good thing. I think!!

    Someone else mentioned a sleep study-always a good idea. My DH did one at snore Australia and I have to say not the best at all. He got there at 9:00ish and hooked him up etc. then basically said go to sleep. At 9:00pm - crazy if your bedtime is more like 10:30. Then after trying for hours to fall asleep they woke him at 4:00 ish and said you're fine go home!
    I thought he had sleep apnea etc but according that sleep study no. He did go to an ENT and he does need an operation on his nose but apart from that he's fine. And his weight doesn't seem to make a difference.
    He tried nasal sprays, strips on his nose, homeopathic stuff, but the rip snore mouth guard is the only thing that does the trick!!! But it does take a bit to get used to.
    Good luck!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,827
    Thanks
    3,046
    Thanked
    3,326
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is the bane of my life every.single.night, it drives me batty as I am a light sleeper and the snoring from my husband is always keeping me awake.

    I have tried the usual, ear plugs, giving him a prod, kick, push, roll over and they are only a fix for a few minutes (if I'm lucky), however a friend suggested (and this will sound kooky) to make a sound like the clicking sort of a sound you make to get a horse come to you! As I said, it sounds kooky, but apparently she was told that from a specialist to stop the snorer in their tracks when they hear this sound despite being asleep. Unfortunately she couldn't remember the exact scietific reason it is supposed to work, but I am willing to give anything a go, even if it means to sound like a Horse whisperer in bed at night!

  8. #28
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,406
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    This is the bane of my life every.single.night, it drives me batty as I am a light sleeper and the snoring from my husband is always keeping me awake.

    I have tried the usual, ear plugs, giving him a prod, kick, push, roll over and they are only a fix for a few minutes (if I'm lucky), however a friend suggested (and this will sound kooky) to make a sound like the clicking sort of a sound you make to get a horse come to you! As I said, it sounds kooky, but apparently she was told that from a specialist to stop the snorer in their tracks when they hear this sound despite being asleep. Unfortunately she couldn't remember the exact scietific reason it is supposed to work, but I am willing to give anything a go, even if it means to sound like a Horse whisperer in bed at night!
    Do you mean a chck-chck sort of sound out of the corner of your mouth? Or do I call horses in a strange way?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,827
    Thanks
    3,046
    Thanked
    3,326
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Do you mean a chck-chck sort of sound out of the corner of your mouth? Or do I call horses in a strange way?
    Yes, that chck-chck sound from the corner of your mouth, you have described it perfectly, as it's not really an easy noise to describe in words.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    1,803
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    21
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Husband's snoring

    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    Hahahaha!! So funny!

    I hold my DH's nose sometimes, just enough to wake him up. He he he
    Omg!!! I do that as well!! Only i hold it until he brushes it away or wakes up which can be AGES sometimes and makes me think I've killed him.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 2 y/o snoring?
    By GuestMember in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-05-2012, 07:27
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 15:58
  3. I HATE my husband's ex!!!
    By siansmum in forum Step-parents / Blended families
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 14:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Billington StreetFor stationery as unique as you are! ♥ Handmade, custom designed stationery for all of life's celebrations WINNER ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›