+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you return to work for reasons other than for financial reasons?

I went back to work 2 days per week when DS was 22 months old. I love my job and had worked hard to get to the position I was in prior to going on maternity leave. I really missed the mental stimulation & social interaction of being at work a whole lot more than I thought I would too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you return to work for reasons other than for financial reasons?

I returned to work for personal and financial reasons. Like others, I want to maintain my career and I also started to miss work after a year at home with a baby.

After DD I returned part-time after 12 months maternity leave. I initially did 2 days a week, then a 5 day fortnight. When she turned about 3, I worked 3 days a week until I took mat leave for DS.

This time, I have had a little over 12 months mat leave and I will be returning in January to a 5 day fortnight (2 days one week, 3 days the next).

I will stay part-time at least until DS starts school, possibly longer if I can as I really like the work/life balance of part-time work.