+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not at all. I've never had the urge that other women talk about. I was induced and ended up with an emergency c-section. Next time I will be having an elective c-section.

I do understand why other people do feel this way but it's just not something that I need to do.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you feel angry/upset at missing out on natural birth?

I spent a lot of my pregnancy in hospital. My BP was 155/110-115. I was anemic, very bad spd and as such they said I still had to birth vaginally but I was covered in cables and wires and 6 people around me.

I was having close and long contractions for hours the night before, that were excruciating and no one in the hospital believed me.

For the labour they put me on the epidural at the highest dose but my bp kept making it fail and because of that I had to have constant gas. I had to have so many people around me as my bp was going crazy. Then after she was born, and I showered my hand things (canulas or what ever they are), got caught when I almost slipped in the shower and ripped out.

In all honestly I am just glad she was safe and healthy, even after all my dramas.

Next time I would love to go into labour naturally and have a smooth birth. But if it doesn't go how I want, then oh well as long as the baby is safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not at all .. I have no desire to push a baby out .. I hope to have a c sec with this one ( first was breech )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was upset before the birth of DD because it looked like I might have to have a c-section. Not because I wanted to push her out so badly, but I'd been told that skin-to-skin afterwards wasn't going to be possible due to not enough midwives. I got my VB but I had an epi and had no issues pushing, will definitely be asking for one again.

I don't understand why some women are so keen to give birth without any pain relief, but it's not for me to decide what other women should want and how much they should want it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks for the replies, it helps to know im not alone in my feelings.What's funny is that at first I didn't care as much but as time goes on I feel more and more upset by it and resentful that I can't ever have a vaginal birth. However I should try and look at it positively that my DS was born healthy

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'm so sorry to hear you had a traumatic birth

I just wanted to pop in and say your feelings are very important and don't ever let anyone feel like your feelings don't count just because you have a healthy baby.

I had an awful birth with DS. Induced with syntocin, epi, arm, continual monitoring, vacuum delivery, third degree tear I was not provided with the information I should have to give informed consent, I was just told I was going to be induced. Had I known the risks and alternatives I doubt I would have consented. I was left feeling completely useless and incompetent afterwards. I had failed at the first part of parenthood Fortunately the tear healed very well and I did lots of reading and preparation to get a fantastic, all natural birth for DD.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (19-11-2012),SassyMummy  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had planned and hoped for a natural birth but after being I labour for 24 hours and being only 6cm dilated, I was told I had to have a c section. I honestly felt like the biggest failure, and to add salt to the wound, the epidural didn't work on me so I had to have a spinal tap. The birth of my daughter was so hazy, but I woke up next to her. Now that I think of it, I would've been too exhausted to push anyways, it could've complicate things if I did try to birth vaginally. All that matters in the end was that DD was healthy and happy That outweighs my dissapointment in not having dd naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I had a c-section and I don't feel ripped at all.... It was the best experience ever (well perhaps I'm exaggerating but it was pretty darned good, very little pain, great drugs, hubby stayed to help).

I knew that I would have to have a csection about a month in advance. At first I was a little shocked... Then I researched into csecs and wasn't shocked anymore. Perhaps having advanced warning helped. On the other hand it was all still a new experience for me. I'd never had a bub before. Never had a major op. Never stayed in hospital overnight. Never breastfed. There were a lot of firsts that made it an exciting roller coaster and kept me busy. I didn't have time to think about missing out on a natural birth... Except when I heard two new mums in another room talking about their natural births and how excruciating they were. At that point I thought, phew, lucky me!

Minchi: what were you doing letting visitors in your room before you were ready??? Tell them to get stuffed!
    - I didn't tell my family about the scheduled csec until a few hours after bub was born. And I made it clear no visitors until day 3 (close family/friends only), and no overnight visitors at home... Stuff trying to entertain people!

Op: you feel however you want to feel, everyone is different.
    Last edited by VicPark; 19-11-2012 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had no choice with my first birth. I then had a 'natural induction at 16 weeks for chromosomal abnormalities. I was determined to have a VBAC for my 3rd birthing experience. It was meant to be healing.
    It wasn't. It was awful and ended in another c-sec.
    My 4th experience was a VBA2C and it was AWESOME!!! One of my greatest achievements.
    I hope I can have another natural birth this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    I was upset before the birth of DD because it looked like I might have to have a c-section. Not because I wanted to push her out so badly, but I'd been told that skin-to-skin afterwards wasn't going to be possible due to not enough midwives. I got my VB but I had an epi and had no issues pushing, will definitely be asking for one again.

I don't understand why some women are so keen to give birth without any pain relief, but it's not for me to decide what other women should want and how much they should want it.
    For me, it was the risks associated with pain relief that made me want to go without.