+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Birth audience...

I had DH and sister. She actually cut DD cord as DH was about to faint! Can't imagine not having either of them there

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

White Mage is offline I am going to go to bed.. for a few days
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Birth audience...

DS1 - was just me and the DH and the medical staff. I really wanted someone to take care of DH, as sad as this sounds he was loosing it, times he had to dash out cause he couldn't handle seeing me in so much pain.

DS2 - DH, my step sister and the midwife.
    This was perfect. My step sister reassured my DH was great at giving me back rubs and was a good birth all round. I wanted my best friend to be there, but since we were due 3 days apart, she was suffering with early stage labor herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Each to their own. I had DH, my mum and my MIL. Some people might think it strange that I had my MIL but I couldn't care less.. I wanted my mum in there... MIL had 2 sons and didn't get to see any of her other grandchildren so I let her in with mine.. unfortunately for her it ended in C-section so she missed out anyway. But she got to be there the whole time leading up to it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had

DD1 dh, ob and a midwife

DS1 dh and midwife

DD2 dh and midwife

DD3 dh and midwife

DS2 15 medical people and dh made it in for the birth of his shoulders (long story made short - He was face presentation, nose first... He popped as they were transferring from the bed to op table for the c/s. edited to add... He was the only baby born that night in a big regional hospital.

DS3 dh and 2 midwives at the birth but during the labour my sister came in to keep her mind of the fact her dh was in the ICU in the same hospital, he was still touch and go at the time and she wasn't allowed in to be with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Birth audience...

I just had dh & the midwife though dh was sitting behind me in the bath so he wasn't much of an 'audience'

Any future labours will hopefully be the same

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I had:
    - DF
    - 3 different midwives (the first one's shift ended halfway through, the second one went on her tea break while I was pushing, the midwife who actually delivered DS was just stopping by). Also, even though I was shared care, none of the midwives I had were part of the program, I had never met any of them before (my 8 midwives were all off duty or sick apparently)
    - 2 doctors (they wanted to give me an episiotomy, but I pushed DS out before they could)

My mum gave me such a hard time leading up because she really wanted to be there, but I only wanted DF. She would've just annoyed me, and I doubt she could handle seeing me in so much pain.

DF wanted someone else there too, he was scared he would faint or fail as a support person, and I'd be left alone, but he was great! He even watched DS come out which is HUGE. He usually gets weak knees watching RPA, LOL...

Thanks
    Reviews

I just had DH and 2 midwives (one a trainee) which was the plan all along. I would not do it any other way. During my hospital stay my mum MIL FIL and a friend all came to visit. I really wasn't up to seeing any visitors and kinda wished it wasn't "the norm" for people to visit you in hospital. They only came because I felt it was rude to say no.
    In saying this though everyone is different and if I was closer with my family maybe I'd feel differently about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

With my first I had mum and hubby , Aunt and Uncle waiting outside. With my 2nd I had mum , hubby and sister and with my third I had c section with hubby , obviously had midwives also. I'm going for a 4th and a VBAC when I get preg again and I want mum, hubby and both my sisters.