+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are you 'giving' for Christmas this year?

I thought it would be nice to start a thread about how we making Christmas a better time for someone else this year

Hubby and I are donating little papmper packs to the Womens refuge this year (I have been collecting stuff all year). We also donate toys to the Kmart wishing Tree (mainly boys things as I know they can miss out a little). We are also donating some toys to a local family who are fostering other family members and don't have anything for them.

Straight after Christmas I want to sign up and sponsor a child. We are just so fortunate in life and I really feel a bit icky when we can give our children such nice 'wants' and other children can't have their basic needs met. Our children will have less spent on them at Christmas and shown where that money has gone. We can't save the world but I can help do something and I really want my children to show compassion and realise how lucky they are. The early they learn this I hope it becomes natural to want to help.

So, what are you doing however big or small to help some one this Christmas?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm going to be doing kmart wishing tree, I will get both girls to pick out a present to go under there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Aquillah  (19-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I usually donate cash to the Lifelink appeal which supports homeless/community mental health support/families in various other types of need in our community. And also a few hundred $$ worth of kids books to either Kmart tree or St Vinnies (cos all children should have good books IMHO)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We did 6 operation Christmas child boxes. We also give to Vinnes mens and the womans refuge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: What are you 'giving' for Christmas this year?

We are doing the kmart wishing tree.

I am going to be giving my time at work too. Yes i will get paid to work but i will be giving more one on one time esp to the residents who i know wont have family visiting unless they were passing away which is when everyone seems to flock in.

I have also given some people an open invitation to spend christmas morning with us for breakfast as they have no family near by.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Nothing too major here but I'll be buying some dog and cat food for the local refuge

(ETA: Just to clarify, it's a dog and cat refuge! Not giving animal food to needy kids or anything!)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (21-11-2012),LoveHeart  (21-11-2012),RaryGirl  (21-11-2012)

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I normally buy a present for the Kmart Tree for a boy of around the age of my angel boy that I let the kids pick out what they think their brother would of like and we donate it. We also usually go through the kids toys and I get them to choose at least 3 toys they rarely play with and donate them to one of the charities or the local kids ward as my DD2 has spent a great deal of time there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

We are having friends and family over who would otherwise spend the day alone.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I have asked for donations to the RSPCA in lieu of an Xmas present from a few if my rellies. They have that guardian angel thing this time of year. Every Xmas eve we also take a bunch of stuff to the local RSPCA shelter so we'll do that again this year. We also do the wishing tree for the AWL at the local pet shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Skateboards, and a couple of clam pools for the wishing tree. They are unisex toys and great for a range of ages.

I figure whatever amount I'm willing to spend on my own child, im willing to spend on someone else's who doesn't have very much.

We also do at least 1 Operation Christmas Child shoebox each year to be sent overseas.