+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Declining Baby Shower Invite?

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Yes please
    I can't find an 'easy pregnancy medal' emoticon. Soz.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Declining Baby Shower Invite?

You should be mobile at 36 weeks..when I was 11 days overdue I was still moving around although very uncomfortable as I had awful pubic bone pain since 29 weeks.
    I agree if its not worth the hassle of this person getting upset of going I would go & show ur face for 30 mins or so as she came to yours..not unless you are very unwell that day then I wouldn't go for anybody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I can't find an 'easy pregnancy medal' emoticon. Soz.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Disappointed I was really looking forward to that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies. FYI I was planning on sending a gift anyway, it's not about wanting to make a point and be a b***h by not going.

I've never been pregnant before and so was genuinely wondering if people feel up to attending events at 36 weeks. Fair enough if you think it's "precious" but I've just found in this first time experience that I was fine for the first two trimesters but have been getting really uncomfortable heading into 30 weeks with back pain etc, don't know if it stays at the mildly uncomfortable but still able to waddle around level at 36 weeks or gets worse.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would accept and make the effort. If you really aren't up to it in the day, just give her a ring and apologize. I agree though at least get her a pressie since she made the effort to come to yours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I didn't get the impression that you wanted to be b*tchy, just that you don't want to go. I think if you don't want to just say thanks for the offer but I can't make it

If you're unsure, it couldn't hurt to go and head home if you don't feel well (just as she did at yours!). I find baby showers generally pretty relaxed with lots of seating, I really think you'd be ok. The host is pregnant too so there's nothing strenuous.

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to a 30th birthday party three days before having DD! I know people who have worked up until 38 weeks. But not all pregnancies are the same. I wouldn't use being pregnant as an excuse but just say you cannot make it and send a small gift with a friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its totally individual as to how you feel is those last weeks. I had 3 weddings after 36 weeks. I went to a wedding the day after I was due! Then I got two hours sleep and woke up in labour....so not wise!

But I did have an easy pregnancy, hopefully you will be the same. As for the baby shower. I strongly believe in not doing anything in your free time that you really don't want to. However, of the fallout will be too great, just go for a drop in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see the harm in dropping in for half an hour, eat some cake and then make your excuses and head home. Unless of course you are unwell or can't move etc.

Oh I could really go a piece of cake now......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

If you really don't want to go, don't. Say your busy and send a gift.

I'd you would like to go but not sure if your upto it then wait till the day and play it by ear.