+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Modern nappies, what brand?!

I have no idea what brand of modern cloth nappies to buy, so I need suggestions! which one worked for you? There are so many these days and I dot want to skimp on quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I really like Baby Beehinds but found my son grew out of their multi-fit ones at around 14 months.

I also love my bumgenius and pikapu ones. They still fit him really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My advice would be buy maybe a few of some different brands - what I like might not work for you. Also I recommend getting some "china cheapies" off eBay - I have My Little Ripple, as they are good for backup if you are behind on washing, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Miah (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    itti Bittis worked really well for us and I liked Baby Beehinds for overnight. I'd also advise getting 2 or 3 nappies out of 3 or 4 brands and then you'll probably find one brand you prefer - you can always sell the one's you're not keen on. There used to be a good facebook page, I think is was called MCN Buy & Sell - am a bit out of the nappy loop now but it used to be a good place to buy and sell second hand mcn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with using different types
    My daughter's only 7 weeks old, but we bought lots of different types before she was born. So far we've used:
    -Baby Beehinds Petit - fit her really well for the first couple of weeks when nothing else fit
    -Itti Bitti D'lish - leaked when we first used them, but work really well now. Unfortunately her belly's getting a bit big, so when they're tight enough to not leak they look uncomfortable
    -Baby Beehinds Magicalls - Were way too big around the legs until about a week ago, but fit really well now. Seem very comfortable & are really absorbant.

We also have some Pea Pods, but they don't fit her properly yet. In larger sizes we have lots of different types, and I guess we'll find the same thing - some will work really well, some not so well, and it'll change as she grows.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love my itti bitti tutto didn't start using them until my dd was 10wks. She is no 14wks and we have had no leaks or blow outs. Only use during the day and disposables at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! Yes I have been looking on EBay and found some cheap and nastys for back up, guess I won't know until the bub gets here!

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I love greenkids (perth) and honeyboys from cherubs kiss (brisbane) ... they were my two favourite brands to buy I also liked babybeehinds (also australian owned )

I hated itty bitties .. I found that they looked like speedos on my boys .. so tiny and they didn't seem to fit properly (I had chubba bubbas though)

I agree with PP - you're best to trial a few of each nappy and see what you love - each baby and mum are so different ..

(I love velcro tabs and hate the clip nappies .. so that makes a big difference too )

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I like Bonnibuns.

BBH were great until we had issues with their quality (elastic etc).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Try a nappy library. Every bubba is different and there are so many different brands out there