+ Reply to Thread
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Day 24 - Some Progress Perhaps...

After feeling a little deflated after my underwhelming weigh in/measuring day yesterday, my DH told me that he thought that my bum and legs were changing shape . Then we went to see my MIL and she said "Are you losing weight" (although I don't know how much stock to place in this, I was wearing a long black dress) but I'm gonna take it anyway . This morning as I was leaving the house DH said to me "You have definitely lost some weight or some bulges" (bulges! nice) and this morning a colleague said "Have you lost weight" .

All I can say is thank god there is some positive feedback coming my way. Even though feeling good should be enough, It is nice to get some external reinforcement too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And I can get my arm into the waist band of my work pants, while I'm in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Woohoo that is fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Oh, it's great hearing those comments, isn't it! I'm trying to not mention the weight loss to people because I want them to have those comments of their own accord like you got lol! (Except DH who got asked last week "Do you think I'm looking slimmer?" LMAO!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, it is so confusing when you are eating better and moving more and the scales aren't giving you the messages you expect.

I have come up with an equation of what I *think* is happening but I need to used pictures to demonstrate it.

So when I get on the scales, and look in the mirror, I think I must still look like this

but because I am feeling stronger and healtier, and despite the small changes I can see the scales aren't moving, underneath all of that, perhaps I am starting to look like this

but when it all comes out in the wash, one day I might look like this (if I'm a very good girl)
    or something of the sort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Oh my God, SPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was laughing out loud just then!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that is the PERFECT analogy for how it feels trying to lose weight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just before I turn in for the night, I just thought I would share this with you. I was doing Rush tonight, and somehow in the part of the work out where you put one arm to the front, then the other then cross them both across to your shoulders - well it was at this point that I somehow managed to cross them at the same time as hitting myself in the face . And here was me thinking I was getting more coordinated.

Thanks
    Reviews

Love it! Last week when I had such big cm loss for not big kg loss and I mentioned that to a few people they were like "you are probably gaining muscle". Um, no. Toning and firming, yes but not doing any specific weight training so not actually gaining it!
    I have such a big frame and muscle mass anyway I won't ever look like the last pic but if I try really hard I can probably resemble one of the female gladiators, Amazon! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

ROFL@hitting yourself in the face, SPG!

Don't forget that even if you're not weight training, you are still working your muscles and if you're losing centimetres but not "weight" then you have to be gaining muscle and losing fat. It's the only explanation for it! I suppose you could've lost fat and been bloated but then you wouldn't have lost centimetres.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yay for comments! That's the best thing ever!! I trip over myself all the time lol. I'm sure the instructors have a whoopsie every now and then too!