+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    things must be different here in WA, kindyand pre primary are part of the schools. Kindy > pre primary > year one. all are compulsory cept kindy after next year. I've never really understood why you wouldn't send your child but I guess its all personal preference.

my dd missed out on a great portion of pre primary and by the time she got to year one she was so far behind what was expected of her. I think kindy and pre primary are really important
    Last edited by ermergerd; 15-11-2012 at 11:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son goes to long daycare 3 days a week atm, and will do 3 days a week in a daycare kindy program next year and then prep in 2014.

I work, so i didn't have a choice to send him anyway. But, if I did have a choice, then I would definitely send him to kindy and prep anyway...if nothing else because it gives me a break from him as he's a bit of a handful.

However, I think it's helped him socially and developmentally as it's pushed him to do things that he would avoid otherwise, as he's anxious and a bit loath to push himself if he thinks he might fail.