+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Women dies after being refused termination

That is totally awful!! She wasn't even catholic or Irish! I can't believe how naive and stupid the law can be at times! Poor woman, poor husband, poor family. RIP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I felt really emotional reading that, that poor woman and the poor family she was clearly m/c and in a serious condition. The religious stance of the hospital should of played no bearing and I hope the husband sues them for malpractice. She could of been saved.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Women dies after being refused termination

How sad

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It actually doesn't even make sense. Good management would dictate that IV antibiotics be administered 18 hours after rupture of membranes in a viable pregnancy. Given this was a non viable pregnancy, they should have started the antibiotics earlier. She didn't die because she didn't get a termination or because she suffered consequences of miscarriage like bleeding. She died due to infection which could have been prevented even with their pro-life stance. I predict that there is going to be someone getting themselves into trouble over this and maybe losing their medical license. Had antibiotics been started when she presented, there is every likelihood she wouldn't have developed septicaemia (blood poisoning),

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (15-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Women dies after being refused termination

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    It actually doesn't even make sense. Good management would dictate that IV antibiotics be administered 18 hours after rupture of membranes in a viable pregnancy. Given this was a non viable pregnancy, they should have started the antibiotics earlier. She didn't die because she didn't get a termination or because she suffered consequences of miscarriage like bleeding. She died due to infection which could have been prevented even with their pro-life stance. I predict that there is going to be someone getting themselves into trouble over this and maybe losing their medical license. Had antibiotics been started when she presented, there is every likelihood she wouldn't have developed septicaemia (blood poisoning),
    Your right but the fact remains she died. Her baby was going to die anyway. By not removing fetus the infection may not have been controllable. I have had septicemia as a result of retained placenta and reading this article and reading everything she experienced I actually wasn't far off her prognosis. Without removing the retained product immediately I would have died. I was that sick.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub