+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Building a house

Was it stressful? How long did it take?

What tips can you give? What would you do over again?

We are looking at building on a 1000sqm block on average in the hills. We want a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom 2 living and 3 car garage!

Has anyone done it to lock up (I think that's the term sorry if I'm wrong)!

Any help would be appreciated. BTW- we would want to hopefully rent this out later on? Would this be too big to rent out on average of $400 per week?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Building a house

Yes it's stressful and it takes a while. For us 12 months from signing on the land. Find a good builder and reserch alot. There was another building thread on here a few months back with good advise. As far as rent goes it depends on your location.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Building a house

The rent is normal for area. I will search the thread thank you !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Re: Building a house

We are building from scratch, doing all the work ourselves. It has been a very long time. What questions do you have?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We built 2010/2011. Came out of council in September and had keys start of June. We had a lot of rain.

Paid never do any myself it was enough to deal wi having the builder do it all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Building a house

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    We are building from scratch, doing all the work ourselves. It has been a very long time. What questions do you have?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Well if you just build to lock, does that mean they just do the outside? My partner is a plumber so we can save lots of money there (I'm guessing anyway )

Also my dad can do skirting boards, gyprock things like that (he's a builder but he's 60 now and would have to be done on weekends with my partner!) he works in the industry so we can get a kitchen etc so I thought we could just get the shell of the house? IYKWIM?

It might take longer but I thought it would save money or is it not worth it and just get them to do it!