Closed Thread
Page 32 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Thanks girls, I was secretly hoping the consensus would be "one a day is fine!"

I'm also a fan if accupuncture and plan to incorporate it into my FET next month.

Betty, way to go embies! Hopefully you will get some frosties out of this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ended up picking up the sperm donor profiles and signing consents yesterday, so now we just have to choose a different donor for this cycle (I've already narrowed it down to 2; one was my #1 choice from last time who we didn't end up using, and the other is someone new to the selection pool), then on Tues I will go back to pay, collect drugs and tell them which donor we've chosen. Still refusing to get excited as it has not served me well in the past, but I'm pleased that in a week or so I'll actually be doing something again instead of just biding my time. On a completely unrelated note, for some reason since I got my new computer a couple of weeks ago, BH is not allowing me to start new paragraphs, i.e. when I press ENTER while typing nothing happens!! It's very frustrating and I don't know why it'd not working; it's not doing it on any other forums I visit. Do any tech-y ppl have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews

sariele - so great that you are making progress!!!
    Out of interest, what info are you provided with to help you choose donor sperm. I imagine it is anonymous so am curious what they can or can't tell you?
    Can't help on the IT front sorry - am useless!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Is there any success stories on here ? Like how many times u have tried etc before success ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Cheers
    Last edited by Ivfforbaby; 10-01-2013 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went and got my blood test this morning, just got a call I can start injections in the morning! Oh I'm still a bit in shock as I thought I would have to wait till sat! Wow I'm so excited but sort of freaking about the needle! I get up 4:15 am for work so will be interesting in the morning if I just let hubby do it or he way have to chase me around the house for a bit! Back for another blood test on sunday and pick up the rest of the Meds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ivfforbaby View Post
    Is there any success stories on here ? Like how many times u have tried etc before success ?
    Not in this thread obviously because we're all like you -- very much still trying! But if you have a look around the forum you'll find plenty of success stories -- indeed, some threads about trying to conceive seem to
    get taken over by people who are now preggers!!

Clucky, well done -- you will be fine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    clucky thats great news! How exciting!

Hopefully we will all be success stories soon enough..

All I want to do is buy baby things. And set up a nursery.

I am starting two needles in the morning! A little more scared about this needle though, because the nurse said its "harder to push in". Yikes.

Everyone who does IVF is brave. You are all very brave girls- physically and emotionally!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Very exciting clucky14 I can't wait till I get to that point

And thanks Bettyw I might have a little look around I found this one and haven't left lol

Beanie87 I too just want to buy baby things my dh and I just went to tas over Xmas holidays and in this little wool shop they had the tiniest mockersons (don't know how to spell that one hope you know what I mean lol) and anyway my dh just had to buy them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    sariele - so great that you are making progress!!!
    Out of interest, what info are you provided with to help you choose donor sperm. I imagine it is anonymous so am curious what they can or can't tell you?
    Can't help on the IT front sorry - am useless!!!
    Hi bedlover. Because my clinic ships in semen from an American company called Xytex, the profiles they give you have heaps of info, and usually a photo of the dude as a baby and as an adult. They give comprehensive details on physical attributes, health, allergies, eyesight, etc, as well as that of their families including siblings, parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. Then there is a bit of a personality profile, and the donor also provides a short "essay" where they usually talk about their personal history, family, lifestyle, hobbies, career and/or study, and what kind of person they are and what they believe in. Mostly they are addressed to the prospective recipient, but I have seen a couple that are at least partially directed at any child their sperm may produce, which is kind of sweet (e.g. "listen to and respect your parents", "live life to the fullest", "always be true to yourself", etc). Their details can be released to your child at your child's request when they turn 18, in case they want to contact them, or need to for a genetic/medical reason.