Closed Thread
Page 24 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

If you ha boostrix two years ago you don't need it again. I can't remember how often but it is definitely no more than every 5-10 yrs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindy111 For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started injections this morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Curious....did anyone else gain weight with injections?

Around Christmas, I struggled to eat. I was bloated and felt really full all the time. Now I want to eat CONSTANTLY! My tummy is rounded, which I'm assuming is due to my follicles being stimulated, but feeling a bit "rounded" all over at the moment.

All for a good cause

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

MsAsk -- yep, I have put on a few kgs since starting -- another lovely side effect!

Well done Beanie! Good luck with it.

I had egg pickup this morning -- 15 eggs, up from 8 in the last cycle which is pretty rad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to wait 10 more days to pick up my jabs! Not long now!

How exciting that you guys have started! Yay Beanie!
    Wow 15 eggs BettyW! That's awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Hi Ladies!!

Sorry to "barge in"... I've been around the forum for a few years while TTC and thought i would come back today under a new username, fresh start, fresh year, fresh baby perhaps?? ..

I'm joining this thread as hubby and I are doing our first round of IVF in Feb... Have my appt to get the lowdown on injections etc on the 22nd of this month!

I'm sure you may hear a lot from me as i have a million and one questions running through my brain right now, and would love to hear from more experienced ivf-ers

good luck to everyone for this month and upcoming months! Fingers crossed for lots of BFP's!!!! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    15 eggs Betty that's awesome! I only had 7, but my FS was worried I would over stimulate so I was on really low dosage. I guess the first round is a bit of a trial to see how we all respond to treatment.

Good luck all!!

It's been a total of 3 hours since my blastie transfer and it feels like the longest time ever. 11 days until I go back for bloods. Blastie wasn't "ideal" (grade 2 -1 being perfect, 2 good, and 3 average as explained to me by my FS). But after all my reading and reading and reading, it's looking a bit like a lucky dip! Hopefully 2013 will prove to be lucky for us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Msaskbelievereceive it sounds like you and I are very similar.. they have put me on a really low dosage (gonal f 112.5) because they are afraid I will overstimulate as well. So I am hoping for 7 eggs!! What dose were you on??
    FS said I have poly-follicular ovaries- but not PCOS (I am pretty sure thats what she called it). Which is why they are also worried about OHSS.
    I really hope you get pregnant this month! I was told by a FS once that even when a blastie is less than perfect, they can still work, you just never know.. I think thats where science steps out and God steps in! for you.

I have struggled to eat today!! I wonder if its nerves.. I am going to try and be extra careful with what I eat if its easier to put on weight with all the injections. Not keen on putting on weight BEFORE i get pregnant- plenty of time for that later!

Bettw 15 eggs is awesome!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm loving this thread right now. So many people excited and enthused about embarking on IVF!

There have been a number of really sad threads on bub hub over the Christmas/New Year period and this has really lifted my spirits.

I'm jealous of you girls that have already started. I still have about a week to go before I start sniffing the dreaded Synarel, and then another couple of weeks before stims start.

Beanie87, I was on a low dose too due to risk of OHSS and I got 8 eggs. I'm dreaming of emulating BettyW next time around!A
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 08-01-2013 at 07:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Msaskbelievereceive it sounds like you and I are very similar.. they have put me on a really low dosage (gonal f 112.5) because they are afraid I will overstimulate as well. So I am hoping for 7 eggs!! What dose were you on??
    FS said I have poly-follicular ovaries- but not PCOS (I am pretty sure thats what she called it). Which is why they are also worried about OHSS.
    I really hope you get pregnant this month! I was told by a FS once that even when a blastie is less than perfect, they can still work, you just never know.. I think thats where science steps out and God steps in! for you.

I have struggled to eat today!! I wonder if its nerves.. I am going to try and be extra careful with what I eat if its easier to put on weight with all the injections. Not keen on putting on weight BEFORE i get pregnant- plenty of time for that later!

Bettw 15 eggs is awesome!!
    Hi Ladies, just thought I would say hi to everyone and join you thread since I'll be starting my very first ivf injections in 2 -3 days

Beanie87, im the same as you - was told by nurse I have got polycystic ( poly follicular?) ovaries and they worry i might be overstimulated so im starting with gonalf 150 dosage. How are you going with the injections?
    Last edited by jilapril; 07-01-2013 at 17:10.