Closed Thread
Page 23 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

So had my first proper bleed last night. But then nothing this morning. This has happened the last two months. Where I have started af, but then nothing for a couple of days. Last month, the first bleed definitely was more in line with my ovulation.. so it seems like that was day one?! Argh. I was so hoping this wouldn't happen this month so i wouldn't be confused.

I called this morning to tell them I am on day 1- but am waiting for the nurse to call me back so I can ask her what she thinks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Hi ladies, interesting discussion about endo. Have you had a lap to remove your endo? Just wondering if I should worry about my diet (less sugar) if I had mine removed.
    I've had 3 laps to remove endo over the years. In the beginning it's difficult to go with less sugar, but then you get used to it. I read a great book by Dian Shepperson Mills about endo and nutrition and it said that sugar causes an inflammatory response in the body, which can make endo symptoms worse. Like Gstef said, it's never too late to do the diet as they can never excise every last cell of it.

This is an interesting q & a regarding endo and wheat.

http://endometriosis.org/resources/a...-modification/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Welcome!
    This is the place to be for support & questions! Or even rants!!
    I have mild endo & mild pcos but I'm regular every month so I should be able to get pregnant! I'm 29 so is DH & he has abnormal sperm morphology & mobility issues... Now not to get your hopes up, as this can be a long ride with many up's & downs but I became pregnant on our first cycle / transfer after doing icsi antagonist also but sadly miscarried at 6 weeks & the last two embryos we had resulted in a BFN... That was hard to cope with. I'm positive about a good result on my second cycle but I must realise I man not become pregnant in the first cycle like I was so lucky to last time... You never know though, I could be lucky again... You need to stay positive but realistic x

Thanks for your reply MARTTC I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage & really hope you get a BFP in your next cycle. My positive thoughts are with you both. Positive but realistic is a great way to be I think & I am trying to be positive but not put all my hope onto the first cycle. The counsellor put it very well for us and said we have to treat our first cycle as if we are a healthy normal couple trying for the very first time with no issues. Even couples with no issues can take months to fall pregnant so we shouldn't be disheartened if the first go doesn't work. I know 2013 is the year for us & hopefully for everyone on this forum

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Beanie, that is annoying. I hope the nurses give you the go for launch when they call back!

Thanks
    Reviews

Great article Beatrix!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GStef For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks ladies and for the article Beatrix. Will minimize sugar and wheat in my diet. It's good for weight lose too, I put on 6kgs I had no symptoms of endo other than infertility. Wish there was an easier way to check if it returns.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 04-01-2013 at 17:48.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    So had my first proper bleed last night. But then nothing this morning. This has happened the last two months. Where I have started af, but then nothing for a couple of days.
    Hi Beanie, my clinic told me that day 1 was not the first sign of bleeding, it's the first day you wake up with bleeding. By their criteria I'd been counting day 1 incorrectly by a day or two for years and years - which was quite a surprise!

I also have endo, and didn't know until recently...and I also didn't know about the sugar/wheat link - thanks to those posting info.

On another topic - does anyone know how close to cycling you can get a whooping cough vaccination? When we started TTC it wasn't too long since my booster but after reading something in the paper the other day it strikes me that it's another 2 years on since then. Perhaps I should be getting another booster before injections start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone!

thank you so much for your advice egg pick up. i am feeling heaps more relaxed and positive about it than i was before. i love this thread! it is full of so much info and support.

katelyn xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks littlesunflowers.. that is helpful. The nurse explained day 1 a little better to me as well. So looks like I will be going for my appointment in a couple of days! Ah, so annoying.

The endo diet sounds like a good idea for anyone. I did wheat free for ages and it made the BIGGEST difference for me. I don't have endo that I know of. But I would recommend anyone trying wheat free. Felt like I had a new digestive system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post
    On another topic - does anyone know how close to cycling you can get a whooping cough vaccination? When we started TTC it wasn't too long since my booster but after reading something in the paper the other day it strikes me that it's another 2 years on since then. Perhaps I should be getting another booster before injections start?
    I had mine done a few weeks ago, and the doctor told me you should get it one month before falling pregnant. Don't know how often you need a booster though.. ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (05-01-2013)