+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OK, I love breastfeeding.

BUT. My DH tried to kick me out of bed the other night when I was feeding DD in there as I was too tired to take her into the lounge. Oh, I'm sorry - is the sound of your daughter sucking on my nipple too loud for your precious ears???!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!

Oh, and when she started refusing to take a bottle, just before all the Christmas parties coming up, I got no sympathy, just a - 'don't worry about it - it's not that bad'. Again - AAARRRGGGHHHH. He just doesn't get it. Not even when I explained that I don't even get to go Christmas shopping in peace for more than a couple of hours now. But he can do whatever he pleases...

OK, vent over. I do still love breastfeeding, just wish DH understood the sacrifices a bit more .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmo For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I didn't resent my DS' father for not being able to breastfeed, I loved breastfeeding. What got to me was that my DS was a non-sleeper - like, NEVER slept unless held and I was a complete zombie. I really didn't feel well at all for the first couple of years. Even in the early days between feeds there was more than enough time for me to fit in a quick nap, but FOB refused to do any parenting at all, even if it meant holding him for 20 minutes, so I could catch a break because he "worked". Because me tending to a baby 24/7 and never sleeping was a holiday apparently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did for a while then realised I had to do something about it...so I added to my workload and expressed off as much milk as I could (ontop of normal feeds). My supply went crazy and I filled the freezer with milk bags. Then one night I said "i'm off duty..she is all yours" He'd been doing the dream feed for weeks so knew what to do. Can't say I slept much but I enjoyed elbowing him when she woke up then rolling over ;o) hee hee
    He said he quite enjoyed it and would do it on a weekend...annoyinly a few weeks later she chose to start sleeping through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep.....i always ask him to build himself a fake boob....bubs is now refusing a bottle even of EBM so im it 100% which sucks, DH seems to understand tho that im a bit over it and has started getting up on weekends so i can sleep in etc and tried to resettle her but i just say "she just wants a boob in her mouth"..i cant bear her crying knowing i can get her to sleep in 2 minutes.......i think the fathers should take pills or something so they BF....biology got it so wrong men should be able to BF as well!!!!! i envy the freedom they have....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I didn't resent my DS' father for not being able to breastfeed, I loved breastfeeding. What got to me was that my DS was a non-sleeper - like, NEVER slept unless held and I was a complete zombie. I really didn't feel well at all for the first couple of years. Even in the early days between feeds there was more than enough time for me to fit in a quick nap, but FOB refused to do any parenting at all, even if it meant holding him for 20 minutes, so I could catch a break because he "worked". Because me tending to a baby 24/7 and never sleeping was a holiday apparently!
    Exactly this, just times two!

My now DF is a fantastic parent to the girls and has asked if I can express when newby is ready so he can do night feeds as well As long as I get the help I need otherwise I'm happy, I feel privileged to be able to BF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    Exactly this, just times two! My now DF is a fantastic parent to the girls and has asked if I can express when newby is ready so he can do night feeds as well As long as I get the help I need otherwise I'm happy, I feel privileged to be able to BF.
    I have also repartnered and it is SO refreshing to feel cherished, appreciated and loved. If I feel lousy my DP helps me out with the load so I can rest. I felt so unloved and just like ex didn't give a crap about me because he just didn't care that I was so exhausted. We plan a baby soon and I feel so great knowing that my DP is a decent dad and partner and will let me have the rest I need. I know it'll still be draining as I'll have to do the night waking because biology means that I feed, but all I wanted was the occasional power nap and alone shower! I didn't think that was too much to ask.