Closed Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Because I think it's pretty obvious that a quick peck on the lips is different from a pash with tongues. It's just a fact that they are very, very different. Not an opinion.
    I think y'all just need to accept the fact that people have different boundaries and comfort levels surrounding kissing on the lips. Some are OK with it, some think it's weird. Neither is fact.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

GreenMama (13-11-2012),Mod-Degrassi (13-11-2012),tamute (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Heaven forbid!

We lip kiss. There's nothing wrong with it and is a simple sign of NON SEXUAL affection, much like holding hands or hugging.
    This is YOUR opinion. It's not fact. Different people have different views on this issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yup, lip kissers here!! Even dh, who comes from a culturally very non affectionate background, is a lip kisser and it melts my heart ...

That said, I'm very conscious in public when ds decides to give me a 'squash kiss' - to an outsider it probably looks like he's giving me tongue, but the reality is my lips are jammed shut lol ...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    i haven't read the post where it says we should be thrusting our tongues down our kids throats? i was under the assumption that we were talking about a kiss, closed mouth, peck on the lips.

couldn't care less about other people and what they do in their families, but when people post that it is sexual, refer to oral sex in the same post as kissing your kids goodnight or goodbye just boggles my mind.
    No need to over dramatize in order to try and drum up support for your cause. Regarding oral sex. It was NEVER mentioned that oral sex and a peck on the lips are exactly the same. They were only being compared in the sense that a previous poster said a peck on the lips was OK as it was with your child. That logic isn't sufficient explanation as that logic could be used to explain why more perverted things were being done with a child.

The only explanation I can find that fits is that at the far end of the scale (oral sex) 99.9% of society agrees that it's appropriate only for a lover. At the other end of the scale (peck on the lips) there are more diverse views, not as much agreement and people are more impacted by their own upbringing.

Thanks
    Reviews

I never have kissed family on the lips, always cheek so when I first noticed other families doing it I was shocked simply because my family didn't do it. I have nieces n nephews who kiss me on the lips now n I don't really think about it!
    I don't really know what will happen when I have kids so I guess I don't know really how I feel about it?!
    Each to their own I guess

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS kisses me on the lips. I had always kissed him on the cheek or forehead but now he wants slobbery tongue kisses on the lips. He will also jump on me kiss on each cheek and forehead and then do his 'mwah haha haha' laugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheseBoysMumma View Post
    nothing melts my heart more as when he holds my face in his hands, says "I love you mum" and plants one on me. He randomly did it on the train the other day and this lovely old couple sitting near us couldn't stop smiling and thought he was just the sweetest!!
    Am sitting on the bus on the way to work tearing up reading this - how absolutely adorable. X

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree (13-11-2012),Maybelline (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am amazed that a kiss on the lips is such a big deal ... This is very sad that a mother or father would not give their child a kiss on the lips! People who have a issue with it have some bigger issues in general!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys (13-11-2012),Gracie's Mum (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Maybelline, you might open your eyes and see that different people have different opinions and ways of showing their love and affection.

I never ever kissed my parents on the lips - and yes I would PERSONALLY find it gross - it doesn't make my love or family life sad :-p

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    This is very sad that a mother or father would not give their child a kiss on the lips!
    Why is it sad? Seriously, what is my child missing out on that she doesn't get from lots of cuddles, tickles, kisses on the cheek, forehead etc?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

GreenMama (13-11-2012),Mod-Degrassi (13-11-2012)