Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely!

I have always kissed DS on the lips, how could I resist that little mouth? I love those slobbery open mouthed baby kisses.

Having said that, I do discourage him kissing anyone on the mouth outside of immediate family - because of how many germs are passed from the mouth (I work for a charity that raises awareness of meningococcal disease so quite paranoid about it). I always say to DS, "go give nanny a kiss on the cheek!" and off he goes and gives her a smacker right on the lips.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

I honestly have never thought about it. It seems just the same as a kiss on the cheek to me. Ds is 2 and I give him a kiss on the lips but it's not like open mouth or anything just a peck. I don't see the problem with it and will continue to do it until he doesn't want to

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bohobaby For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Dsd we just cheek kiss she's 6 and thats what we are both comfortable with. With my Nephew who is two, it's any where that has the least slobber, or if he is doing the kisses nothing is out of bounds. Noses, eyes, eyebrows, chin etc etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    lol I get coldsores and strep throat (though I never realised). My son was about a year or so old when he got strep throat. Its nothing serious so Im not going to stop kissing them.
    No, me neither. I just didn't kiss him on lips when newborn because it *can* be serious for newborns but after that I'd kiss him as long as I didn't have any obviously active coldsores.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

I have never kissed ds on the lips.he'd occasionally planted then on me, but i tell him that with mummy we kids on the cheeks.

I bathe and shower with ds. Am very affectionate with him, but to me lip kisses are reserved for lovers. It's my personal preference and my boundary.

I do not refuse kisses or cuddles. In fact i know there us more emotion and affection shown in this house than in xdh's, but they are lip kissers.

One preference does not define three depth of a relationship and a few here might like to remember that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

Yep. Will do as long as they like
    I still kiss my mum on the cheek too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    kissing is about love, not a sexual thing.

There are aspects of 'kissing' that I'm sure we can agree are an adult sexual thing. Kissing breasts for example, not to mention good old oral sex. No im not saying kissing your kid on the lips is exactly the same. Im just saying Different people have different boundaries when it comes to kissing and that's why some see kissing non-lovers on the lips as inappropriate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read the entire thread but I find it sad that some find kissing their kids on the mouth inapropriate and am interested to know whay they feel that way. Is it because they find it sexual? Is it because of something that occurred to themselves during their childhood.

My kids are very affectionate to dh and I and love our kisses on the lips.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread but I find it sad that some find kissing their kids on the mouth inapropriate and am interested to know whay they feel that way. Is it because they find it sexual? Is it because of something that occurred to themselves during their childhood.

My kids are very affectionate to dh and I and love our kisses on the lips.
    I think it's social conditioning. What your family did. What you see on Tv (i dont see many kisses on the lips). The fact you rarely see adults kissing on the lips unless they are lovers.

Why is it acceptable for young children/parents but not adults that aren't lovers? (not having a go, genuinely curious).

Thanks
    Reviews

I very rarely kiss my parents (maybe after receiving a birthday gift), but when I do, it is on the lips.

I never really thought that others might think it was inappropriate.