Closed Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

We all kiss on the lips. I believe you do more damage by not kissing than you could by kissing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, we are lip kisses...my 9yo DD still lip kisses family, incl grandparents without thought..I hope she doesnt grow out of it.
    My 16mth old gives me the most gorgeous wet, slobbery kisses on the mouth and i LOVE it! Could do with a little less of the slobber, but I will take every kiss I am offered Its so special to have you faced pulled down between two chubby hands, cheeks squished and planted with an unasked for bubby kiss...divineI hope it never stops...and I couldn't give two hoots about germs, I'd rather my teeth rot and fall out my head than tell my little man he cant kiss me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    *sigh* I didn't say no one should kiss their child on the lips, I was just giving info on why some people don't. It's like saying "technically you shouldn't eat ham while pg" but then most people make their own decisions about what they feel comfortable with and for many people they decide that the risk isn't significant enough to warrant stopping doing it.
    Yeah, except that the reason you shouldn't eat ham is to prevent Listeria infection which can be fatal without there being any other factors involved. A little different to an innocent kiss on the lips of a child.

Sorry, but I get miffed when people post links to news articles making claims that is based on "research" that hasn't been properly referenced.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

Hi. Yes my little guy kiss's me on the lips although I dont think anything of it. I dont think its wrong

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you kiss your kids on the mouth?

I agree with laurenk. It does cause damage by not kissing my husbands a perfect example his parents didnt show him any affection which broke up his last relationship and made things hard for us cause he finds affection difficult

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenk View Post
    We all kiss on the lips. I believe you do more damage by not kissing than you could by kissing.
    What damage? Sorry, just as those who do choose to kiss on the lips don't like being told they are doing something wrong, those of us who choose not to do not like being told we are "weird" and doing damge! It goes both ways.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I actually think I stopped when DS was in child care because he would try to kiss other kids on the lips and I was paranoid he'd pick up something really nasty - so I taught him cheeks. Before that we used to. Kinda glad we don't now because he sticks his lips out like a fish and plants a WET one on my cheek every day.

I agree with halloweendee I must admit - we could be contributing to a society of extremely confused people... so many things are seen as sexual that just aren't... heck the other day we had the discussion of the 'appropriatness' of extended breastfeeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin21 View Post
    I agree with laurenk. It does cause damage by not kissing my husbands a perfect example his parents didnt show him any affection which broke up his last relationship and made things hard for us cause he finds affection difficult

This thread is about kissing on the mouth, not about kissing at all. I don't think anyone in this thread has said they don't kiss their child at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (12-11-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For those that dont and find it weird/strange/wrong etc., did you kiss their lips as babies and stopped at a certain age or have you never done it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Kisses on the lips for my cherubs all the way. I grew these babies kissing on the lips is second nature. I still kissed my mum on the lips until she passed when I was 26.
    I kiss acquaintances on the cheek.
    Last edited by sweetpeamummy; 12-11-2012 at 13:58.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee (12-11-2012)