+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is your partner just as TTC crazy?

Just wondering.. Is your partner as much into the TTC process as you?

I have known for years I wanted another baby.. My first is almost 6, I was single for most of his toddler yrs. two yrs ago I found my perfect man and I knew from our first date that I was going to marry this man. Now fast forward two yrs. I have always been honest that I wanted another baby, was just waiting for him to be ready and give me the 'let's do it' talk. Which we had about two months ago and it was so wonderful I cried like a total sap!

Now for me this means researching, reading, googling like mad to find out all I need to know about TTC and how to optimise our chances. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and yes I clearly can have a baby.. But that was close to 7 yrs ago he was conceived so I am aware my body is not 22 anymore.. Also he was a pleasant surprise so I can't draw from experience on how to best conceive.

I am charting, using OPKs and keeping an eye on CM. as well as doing an intensive treatment through acupuncture to try an balance my hormones and get everything going the way it should. I have cut out alcohol, reduced caffeine and am eating better than ever. Im taking pre-pregnancy vitamins which taste distgusting and look like horse tablets.. But I am 200% committed to making this work and having the healthiest possibly baby!

I don't know if it is normal or maybe im just a total nutter going all gun-ho but my partner is so causal about TTC and doesn't really understand the process, he just thinks If we have sex here and there and don't use protection, it will just happen. You have sex- you make a baby right?!?

He is very supportive in that he doesn't mind if I do the charting and happily drives me to accupuntcure apps. But I just wish he would take a bit more time to understand why I'm so crazy about all this and why i take it so seriously. I'm not pushing him for Bd all the time we are still having fun with it and keeping it hot but do u guys have the same problem.. ??

Is it just a man vs woman thing that perhaps I am asking the wrong person to sympathise with my TTC concerns??

Is your partner just as TTC crazy as you? Is he cheering you on as you POAS??

xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is your partner just as TTC crazy?

Nah he thinks like yours, just his job to do bd and its done. He gets really excited once I'm preg though, I don't know anyone who's partner is TTC crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep my husband doesn't want to hear about charts, temps, opks or even that I am ovulating. It puts him off completely so I don't even talk about it. He wants a baby but doesn't want to think about making a baby when having sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Is your partner just as TTC crazy?

Mine does. I knew I wanted more than 1, but wasnt sure when I was ready for#2. He had been asking for over 6mnths!

Its only my 1st cycle off bc and I've told him I want to just not prevent but if it happens, its meant to be.

He has been on my phone, into my cycle tracking app and worked out the pictures, is looking forward to my flower days! (fertile time prediction) wants to dtd all the time, but I'm sure that's what he is more interested in!

Thanks
    Reviews

Tks for your comments ladies. It's interesting to see how different our partners take the TTC processes.

I must admit that even though he is a little casual regarding the whole process and charting.. When I was feeling a little blue yesterday about the lack of OPK results when according to all other signs.. Charts, CM, mood.. I should have been due to O but didnt according to my POAS efforts -- he was there giving me comfort and offering suggestions on how to get my mind off the calendar for a few days.

A quick drive to the shops and a massage later, he was taking me out for a movie and dinner. He might not be my POAS cheerleader but he sure does look after me and is the first to offer open arms when I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Perhaps it is just not all that sexy to know your partner is ovulating or that when we are asking for it.. Its because we are in 'the zone', not just turned on my his rugged good looks??

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is very TTC happy.

He noticed I was doing all these opks, taking pregnancy vitamins, ordering like 50 HPT's online and didnt say a word. Probably thought I was going mental but ah well. I ordered pre seed lube and all and got so excited when it came in the mail. I showed him and he was equally excited. He was the one using our normal lube. Mid uh DTD and asking ME if it will hurt his sperm aka hurt our baby chances.

I kinda did my OPK's in secret tho incase he thought I was completely crazy. Men seem to think peeing on a stick means you think your pregnant! I did my OPK and the day it was super positive, about 5 mins later he rang me from work saying he had forgot his book and asked if I would drive it to him. Sure did. Then announced and showed him pictures of the stick and he was super excited that I would Ovulate haha.

Listened to me for hours on end, day after day whinging about all the pro's and cons of prams, car seats etc.

I did a hpt (internet cheapie) at 11dpo and got a faint line. I took it out to him and asked him to double check. I then went to get a clear blue digital and he got a bit cranky and told me I was obsessive and asked how many preg tests did I need! ( I have about 50 internet cheapies in the cupboard, it was cheaper to buy in bulk!) He kept telling me to "leave it alone".

So. I said... lets do this one then ill give it a rest for the week. ok.

He was in the bathroom with me, cheering me on as I peed into a cup. He wanted to see every angle. No holes barred in this house. He remarked how funny it is to watch girls pee. Sigh.

He counted to 10 seconds as I dipped the test in. Then we took each other away from the test and waited the 3 mins. We went back and looked together. I kept swearing (wholly F) and he was crying. It was certainly a BFP.

Moral to my story. Hes just as crazy, cute, happy as I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH wants another baby, but he thinks I'm being silly with the charting, OPKs, temping etc because we fell pregnant so easily before. But that was before I lost a tube and my cycle went insane and now all of a sudden it's hard.

While he's not full on about it like me, I'll hand it to him, he always listens when I'm upset about TTC and never tells me I'm being crazy (which, most of the time I am haha).

DH has said to me before, that having a baby isn't real for him until he sees the first scan... which was definitely the case with DD. He was excited, but I don't think it was supe real until he could see the baby IYKWIM??

Thanks
    Reviews

My DP is exactly how u described OP-that we DTD unprotected n then voila! I actually explained ovulation n why I get crazy to DTD then-he was happy to understand from then so although he is in no way krazy like me-he understands n happily obliges

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DH is very casual about TTC. We are not trying yet (few months away) but he doesn't like any pressure or obligation to stick to a schedule. I have to pretend the timing is spontaneous instead of carefully timed.

In his defence, he has mentioned that part of his motivation for getting super fit, eating well and having quit smoking a year ago is so he is as healthy as possible when we TTC again, so that is something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

When we were TTC #1 DH thought I was mental. He was probably right to be fair. I was charting and doing OPKs and monitoring every little thing. This went on for a year before we fell pregnant with DD.

This time I just couldn't be bothered charting and all that - I have started OPKs but that's it. DH was trying to get me to chart again but it's just not going to happen! He was the one that suggested to start trying for a second bub so in some ways he's more into it than me. This cycle he told me he was going to knock me up and ever since I ovulated he's been telling me I'm pregnant lol! We'll see.