+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS was the same. Was so incredibly frustrating. I honestly cannot remember what finally changed his mind about it but just wanted to let you know that you definitely arent alone and I can understand how infuriating it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you really have tried everything, my experience probably won't help, but thought I would share it anyways.

When we decided it was time to toilet train, we ditched the nappies completely. He hasn't worn a nappy at all since he was 22 months old. There was no way he was going to hold on to a poo until he had a nappy on, because nappies didnt exist anymore.

To start with, all poos would start happening in undies. I'd see his poo face and go, oh my goodness poo time! Lets get you to the toilet! Pick him up and race him to the loo and pull his undies off. This was sometimes messy of course, but meh, so are nappies. Then he would finish his poo on the toilet. After even a tiny nugget of poo on the toilet, we'd have a full on party. We'd sing "Hayden did a poo on the toilet" and do a big dance, then we'd call someone important, like his grandparents or his uncle or his dad so Hayden could tell them he'd done a poo on the toilet. Within a couple of weeks he was pretty much trained.

He still had the occassional accident in his undies for up to 6 months, but it was no biggie. We just washed them out like you would a cloth nappy. I still considered him Toilet trained, he just had accidents every now and then. By 28 months he was well and truly done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same problem here!! i have taken a week off work o figure this out and yep! still no poo! he is 3 in Jan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: DS just won't poo in the toilet.

My dd is 5 and has had on going medical problems around this for the past 3 years but the best advice was from her physio.
    Half an hour after dinner each night she has to sit on the toilet for around10mins and do 'balloons' with her belly (like sucking her stomach in then pushing it right out). This exercise helps with the sensation of needing to poo. Those seats over the toilet with a little step to rest feet on are also helpful.