+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default DH is upset about having twins

We found out today that we are having twin. My DH is freaking out , upset & moody since left the ultrasound place. He blaming me for not stop him from having sex during my ovulate time ( We went through IVF cycle ) he was in the room when the nurse told us that if u want to have multiple, start get busy! Well, I didn't think I can't get pregnant naturally and how do I meant to know he didn't listen to the nurse when she said that. Now he said it was all my fault. Geeeez!
    We won't have support or help from both side of family. When DH acting like this, kinda make me depressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: DH is upset about having twin

Firstly congrats. Your DH will come around. Its probably just smacked him in the face and he doesnt know how else to react. Also he is probably stressing as well. I'm sorry he is acting this way. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default DH is upset about having twin

I know it's not the same but when I found out I was pregnant with ds1, dp didn't talk about it for 3 months. He told me he wanted to process the information and just couldn't deal with it. It was so horrible and stressful. I was pregnant, it was unplanned, I had no idea what to do...I was so upset that the one person that was supposed to love me wouldn't talk about something we had made together.

After the first scan he came around but it wasn't until the 20 week scan that he accepted it and was happy about having a baby.

I know it takes two to tango and they have as much responsibility in making the baby as well, but sometimes I think men need a bit more time to process what is going on, how it's going to affect your life, etc. He may also be worried about money as well how you both are going to cope with two babies.

Not sure what advise to give but I would say just give him some time...let him work it through and maybe at a later stage just sit down and chat to him about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i agree with Michelle, just give me time to come around.... i know twins would have been a shock for both of you.... but men tend to react differently when hit with big news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being told that you are having multiples can be scary. When we found out, I cried for a few days, doubting how we would cope mentally and financially. My DF was in shock for a week. He was worried About supporting his rapidly expanding family.

Give your DH a bit of time to process the news.

Having twins is an amazing experience. My boys are 4 1/2 now and we feel so blessed to have them.

Wishing you all the best

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies for all the support comments. I understand he need time to process this but the way he say thing it makes me feel so alone n doesn't enjoy this wonderful news as I should be! He talks like this twins is a mistake that shouldn't happen. I just couldn't believe how could he think like that! At the end of the day, it's still his babies. Pfffft! Men! Smh

Thanks
    Reviews

Like the others said, let him get his head around it!
    So, it was a frozen cycle and you fell pregnant naturally during the same cycle! Thats amazing. Enjoy those little blessings

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

He'll come round just give him time to process it. Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Your hubby needs to grow up. He wants a kid, has IVF but cracks up when multiples are announced? Really?

And he tries to push the blame on you? His penis, his sperm ffs.

If it were me I'd tell him to grow up and get over his little dummy spit quick smart.

Btw congrats mumma!

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-11-2012),babynomad  (08-11-2012),Kiplusthree  (21-11-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (20-11-2012),Mom2TwoDSs  (20-11-2012),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (21-11-2012),sunnyflower  (08-11-2012),~ElectricPink~  (21-11-2012)