ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finding out the sex?

So just wanted to see who found out the sex of the baby at their 19/20 wk scan and if you had any regrets? I've got mixed feelings about it, I do and I don't want to know and I'm wondering whether I'll be able to keep it a secret or if it'll ruin the 'surprise' factor at birth?

At the same time I don't want to keep guessing & be shocked if its the opposite sex to what I think, I rather prepare myself! Help!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We found out, I'm glad we did it was just as much a surprise at the ultrasound, everyone told us they thought we were having a girl and we both secretly hoped it was going to be a boy and wanted to know so we could get used to the idea of either sex. We had a son and he is the light of our lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh it's nice to hear there was no regrets think we have lots to talk about, but its nice to know that the surprise just makes it more exciting.

Would love to hear more stories from anyone else that did or didn't find out
    Last edited by tiny tans; 07-11-2012 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews

I found out with DD and never regretted it. It was such a beautiful moment when they told us at the scan and I think it helped both of us bond with her before she was born.

When she was born I felt like I already new her and it was a good 5 mins before I remembered to check that she was actually a girl! So in the moment it didn't matter but I'm so glad I knew

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I found out what all 4 of my daughters sex were. I loved knowing and buying all things pink and decorating the nursery.. I don't regret finding out BUT if I was to have another I would keep it a surprise just to know what it feels like after 9months!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I found out with DD and never regretted it. It was such a beautiful moment when they told us at the scan and I think it helped both of us bond with her before she was born.

When she was born I felt like I already new her and it was a good 5 mins before I remembered to check that she was actually a girl! So in the moment it didn't matter but I'm so glad I knew
    Exactly this. I feel that meeting your child for the first time is enough of a surprise. I couldn't have cared less whether she was a boy or a girl when she was actually born but loved finding out at the scan. Def helped me bond and I wanted to eliminate any chance of gender disappointment when she was born as I really wanted a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews

I found out both times and much prefer it. You are not ruining the surprise at all, just bringing it forward a bit. So much better to plan/buy for - and only deciding on one name!

You will also just be so damn excited to meet your new baby at birth, to see what/who they look like etc The gender doesn't matter at that point anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with both my girls & I have had friends who had a surprise. Personally I loved knowing as I was able to collect little bits & pieces and it helped me bond as I could refer to them as "her" rather than "it or them" plus able to decide on their name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No regrets! I was convinced I was having a boy & actually bought some boy clothing but we had a girl. I felt it helped with bonding, decorating, less names to think of & of course shopping!

Thanks
    Reviews

Definitely don't regret finding out. Only regret telling everyone! Next baby we will definitely find out again but not tell anybody and keep it a surprise until birth.