+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Gender dissapointment

So I found out we are having another boy Yesterday. I cried for 4 hours because I was upset it was a boy and then I cried because I was upset that I was upset it was a boy! I came out of the scan in tears everyone must have thought I had lost the baby or something. I know I should be grateful that the baby is healthy, but I couldn't even focus on that. So feeling really guilty about all this, I know it sounds horrible but I really didn't want another boy Anyone else ever feel the same? I'll get over it right? And I have heard lots of stories of people being told they were having a girl and it ended up being a boy, has anyone been told they were having a boy and ended up having a girl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gender dissapointment

How many boys do you have ??

Thanks
    Reviews

*Hugs*
    I had the exact same thing this time around except we found out we were expecting a 3rd girl.
    I bawled my eyes out and felt like the biggest ***** because I should be grateful to have 3 healthy children.
    I got over it within a day after going baby shopping and DF and I couldn't be more excited regardless of gender
    I have scans done at every appointment and we've had it confirmed by two people it's a girl.
    I think I'd be very shocked and stressed out if it were a boy now because we already have so much pink and personalised stuff for her lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have 3 darling boys, and yes I was very disappointed when I found out that the last two were boys. It probably took me the rest of my last pregnancy to get over it. Now that he is here I wouldn't swap him for the world. I love my little men, but I would have loved to have had at least one girl

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyjac For This Useful Post:

Steph83  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's okay to be bummed. You wanted a girl, and it makes you a bit sad that you're having a boy. That doesn't mean you wont love your boy, it just means you also would've liked a girl. And thats ok.

Maybe just give it some time, and dont be hard on yourself.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

icugal  (09-11-2012),peanutmonkey  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry you feel that way, I currently have 2 boys and we are trying for #3 we would love to have a girl but as a lot of people have said as soon as you have him you wont feel the way you are right now cause you will love him anyways!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Gender dissapointment

Op please be kind to yourself. I'm sure you will love your belly babe just as much as your boys you already have but allow yourself some time to grieve for the daughter you aren't having.

I am pregnant with #3 and I have 2 boys already. We attempted gender swaying this time around and we will find out the sex in January. I am worried about having similar feelings. This is our last baby and I will love him or her regardless but if it's a boy I will be grieving for the daughter I will never have.

My suggestion is to give yourself a time frame. Allow yourself say a week to feel sad and grieve. And then make an effort to move on. Buy some cute New boy clothes, celebrate your wonderful baby boy

Hugs. I hope you have some support IRL to be there for you but if not you are more than welcome to PM me if you need a friendly ear

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    Last edited by biscotti; 06-11-2012 at 20:57. Reason: Reference to a deleted post

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

When I was preg with my DS I was so upset he was a boy because I was sure he was a girl. But after the disappointment I loved him and still love him. The more he grows the more happier I am he was my first and he makes me proud. You will be ok and get over those feelings. Alot of people feel them and it's ok! You will love your little man more then life it self xxxx

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hi there,
    Some posts in this thread have been edited or deleted by the Moderating team.

Please note that at the top of this section it reads -
    Forum: Baby's Gender
    An area where members can discuss gender planning (both naturally, and with technological assistance) and gender disappointment. Please note - any posts that aren't supportive or on topic will be deleted.
    Any further posts that are off topic or of a non supportive nature will be removed and infractions applied

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biscotti For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (06-11-2012),smash023  (07-11-2012),Steph83  (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Gender dissapointment

And steph - so much empathy. I cried - and cried because I cried - and cried because I couldn't stop crying at the *thought* I might be pregnant with a boy. It's a horrible feeling. Not it's horrible to have a boy but horrible guilt muddled with wanting and pain and confusion. Or at least it was for me. Even after 2 years ttc so throw a hefty whack of me saying "you ungrateful so-n-so" to myself.

Please be gentle with yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Steph83  (07-11-2012)