+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I'm a serial stalker of threads and don't often post but wanted to say, please ring FairWork Australia (or whatever they're called now!) and get some advise. They would know whether he is taking you for a ride or not.... I'm not sure which state you are in, but website is http://www.fwa.gov.au/.

there are lots of dodgy employers out there who try and take advantage of people....they get away with it alot because people are unsure of their rights and feel intimidated. Give FairWork a call!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Am i being unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Renvind View Post
    Sorry I'm a serial stalker of threads and don't often post but wanted to say, please ring FairWork Australia (or whatever they're called now!) and get some advise. They would know whether he is taking you for a ride or not.... I'm not sure which state you are in, but website is http://www.fwa.gov.au/.

there are lots of dodgy employers out there who try and take advantage of people....they get away with it alot because people are unsure of their rights and feel intimidated. Give FairWork a call!
    Just to clarify, the industrial relations legislation is a national system now meaning your location doesn't make a difference (except for Super and Workers Comp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (06-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You need to check your contract. As a rule, employers cannot unilaterally change your contract without your consent. Particularly if it negatively impacts you. I doubt they will be able to legally enforce it though so if they do try to, make sure you call FWA.

Thanks
    Reviews

How'd you go with checking the contract? Any progress?