+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help... Lost my appetite!!

Any ideas on getting my appetite back? I'm BFing my 3week old and am tiny as it is! I'm so worried if I can't get it back soon I will have to stop feeding due to losing too much weight! Forcing myself to eat just makes me feel sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I honestly have no helpful hints other than to FORCE yourself to eat, but as you said, that makes you feel ill.

I had the same problem with my daughter was a newborn. All the women who were
    "eating for two," or whatever... it never happened during pregnancy and I ate even less once she was born and I was breastfeeding her. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, because I know I felt like a freak compared to all the women eating in excess during these times.

I hope you find a good answer.

It may be wise to seek help from the ABA and/or a dietician.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Can you try some high cal drinks like sustagen etc?

Thanks
    Reviews

I also hear of other breastfeeding mums who can't stop eating cos they are hungry all the time. I wish that was me.

I have up and go's and also have sustagain. It also doesn't help I have hardly any food in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm like you, only it doesn't matter if I eat like a horse - weight will come off when I breastfeed. I'm pretty sure the only weight I have now is the stretched skin from having 3 babies.

After DD2 I went on a tonic type thing, it makes you want to eat because it tastes so terrible - food is the only thing to get rid of the taste. Water makes it taste worse. Is this an option? Because I tell you, two days of that and I was forcing myself to eat no matter how crap it made me feel after.

Baked beans can be your friend. They are usually on special for a dollar and you just have that, toast over and over. That's how I got my appetite back, my body begged for something that wasn't bloody baked beans.

I don't know if this is true for anyone else but I never had a problem feeding due to weight loss. Fed my first for almost 3 years, and was at a low weight (just how I am) fed my second for almost 2 years and same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Help... Lost my appetite!!

I'm having the same problem, but I'm only 8 weeks. I blame the heat, nothing is appetizing in this weather, so all I feel like eating is icy poles. I force myself to eat, but it's so hard!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub