+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My cooking suc*s! Recipe help

Hi!

I tried cooking chicken and veg for 8 MO DD and it was hideous!

How do I cook meat and 2 veg for dinner?

DD can eat peas, pumpkin, zucchini and carrot for veg and chicken, beef or lamb for meat. She is allergic to wheat, egg and dairy.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can she eat fish? At that age DD used to like white fish mashed up with some sweet potato.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Cook it how you would eat it!
    Steam some veggies with garlic, drizzle over some olive oil and either grill a lamb cutlet and let her gnaw on it or poach a chicken breast and cut into fingers ( if your doing BLW) or grill a salmon fillet and flake it into small pieces or make a bolognese sauce with beef mince and add carrot and zucchini , I used to make chicken and veg or fish and veggie nuggets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    #1 Chop up some lamb, simmer for 1-2 hours with carrot, celery and sweet potato or pumpkin, 1 cup of water (or enough to cover). Mash or puree.

#2 Chop up some gravy Beef, peas, carrot and potato (or sweet potato), add 1 dried bay leaf (remove before puree). 1 cup of water or enough to cover. Simmer 1-2 hours. Mash or puree

#3 Break up some tuna, serve with a some mash potato and some creamed corn (approx 1tb, you can freeze the rest)

(you can add pumpkin instead of potato/sweet potato)

You can also add rice in the last 30min while simmering and just puree/mash it together (just watch water content during simmering)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can she have pasta of some sort and tuna? DDs fav dinners are spaghetti's bolognaise or my tuna pasta - add tuna (in spring water) to pasta with some pesto (we use barilla but it has parmesan in it) and roasted sweet potato. Mash or blitz to mix the flavours.
    Fish with mash and peas ans corn, a sliver of steak to suck on with sweet potato mash, apricot chicken with mash or rice, Thai chicken 'stirfry', cook chicken, mushrooms, tomato and some sort of greens (DD loves beans) in a fry pan with Thai herbs and lemon juice. I serve this with rice or pasta.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you all for your replies. DD has a wheat and egg allergy so no pasta she also reacts badly to tomato and garlic and onions make her silent reflux worse

I'll try the tuna though and mixing meat with mash.

When everyone cooks these things, how many meals does it last for? Can most of these meals be frozen?

I'm trying to reintroduce one food at a time to make sure she doesn't react, but it sounds like sweet potato and corn are quite popular foods to add to dinner meals.

Does anyone know if Campbell's real stock is ok to use or is it too high in salt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Just looked up Campbells website and it says vegetable "real stock" has 1359mg salt per serve!! It's recommended toddlers have no more than 1000 mg a day! The low salt version was better at 990mg but still I think it's too much , stock is really easy to make - you just make a few litres on the weekend and freeze it!

Thanks
    Reviews

There is a woman's weekly cookbook called "fresh food for babies and toddlers". It has a pink and white striped cover. It's fantastic and guides you on what o introduce when and how to pair things up into tasty purees. I was given it in a hamper my work colleagues put together for me and it has been of great use. worth looking at.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry, I just have to say something.

You know how they say the brain doesnt read letters, it scans the whole word and knows the word?.....well my brain scanned this thread title including the * and instantly came up with "my c*ck sucking" I was like WTF?!

As you were..

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Im sorry, I just have to say something.

You know how they say the brain doesnt read letters, it scans the whole word and knows the word?.....well my brain scanned this thread title including the * and instantly came up with "my c*ck sucking" I was like WTF?!

As you were..
    Lol - And yep I just spat my drink all over myself reading your post!