+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone had "implantation bleeding" followed by a successful pregnancy

As my title suggests,I am looking for information regarding implantation bleeding and if it truly exists?

Quick background my DH and I have been trying for 2.5years and I am on a waiting list (public hospital) for a Lap,D&C,and Tube dye test.could be up to another 8 month wait.the doc suspects my tubes are blocked and i have endo.
    Btw this waiting is killing me!should've got private health insurance again long ago sadly it's too late now:-(

Anyway,over the years I have of course monitored and studied every symptom every month.

My cycles are fairly routine around 24-27 days but suddenly today I have had light bleeding with bad cramps.its CD:20???

I googled "implantation bleeding"but came up with nothing which really looks legitimate.
    id really appreciate any feedback if this has happened to anyone:-)as i am going a little mad here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Has anyone had "implantation bleeding" followed by a successful pregnancy

I did not find out I was pregnant with DS until 12 weeks as I thought I had a period but it turned out to be implantation bleeding at about 6 weeks!
    I had just come off the pill so thought it was just a light period , I had mild period like cramping and light bleeding that lasted 2 days , my Dr said it was quite common, I thought I would be nearly 6 weeks pregnant at my dating scan but we were all shocked when she said 12 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had implantation bleeding on the same day I got a BFP. It was probably about 3 or 4 days before AF was due.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I had Ib with DD, I think it was 7DPO

Thanks
    Reviews

I had it a few days before AF was due, brown spotting an I thought it would be full flow by the next day but it went away. 6 days later bfp. One of my besties also had it too she didn't find out she was pg untill 9weeks cause she had what he thought was a light period. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi allygirl,

I had what can only be explained as an IB at about 4 weeks, quite a heavy gush (sorry TMI!) and then spotting for about 6 weeks afterwards. Of course thought I was having an MC but ultrasound found a happy hearybeat and no other explanation for the bleed.

When I got to the ER to get checked out I was given all these leaflets on miscarriage and early bleeding in pregnancy but not much on IB. Since then I've discovered from my GP, friends and health nurse that it's actually quite common. Still a bit scary, but went on to have a normal pregnancy and healthy bub

that's what you're experiencing and all the best for ttc

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first pregnancy I did a POAS on a Friday - zilch. I thought AF arrived on the Sat and had 3 days of normal bleeding and then it seemed to stop overnight... that Tuesday I got a BFP

This time around I had the barest minimum of spotting about the time AF was due and got a faint BFP, but no other evidence of implantation. I also had spotting at 7 and 9 weeks but all ended up fine (just a low placenta being annoying apparently).

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies for sharing.its a great comfort to know that ib does actually occur.
    im not getting my hopes up yet but will just have to wait and see if af arrives early next week.