+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Losing weight when pregnant?

Hi I'm wondering if anyone had actually lost weight while they were pregnant, (not deliberately but from changing their diet and eating a lot better)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes - anyone who is overweight will still benefit from weight loss even while pregnant by eating a healthier diet. You just need to make sure you consume at least 1700 calories per day. A diet for women who aren't pregnant wanting to lose weight is usually 1200 cals. What generally happens is you lose weight in the earlier months (my friend lost 10kgs in the first trimester) but then your weight creeps back up once your baby really starts growing. Even if you don't actually gain any fat while pregnant - you will still gain around 10kgs of "weight" in fluid (amniotic and retention, breasts), baby & placenta etc.

2 days after I gave birth to my DS - I was actually a few kgs lighter than when I fell pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews

Easiest and least potentially-harmful to baby way to lose weight is to stop eating foods that contain more than 3 grams per 100 grams of sugar (5g/100g for dairy) and to lower your overall carbohydrate intake including limiting fruit to 1-2 pieces per day, while eating lots of veggies, protein, eggs, full fat hard cheeses, natural unsweetened yoghurt, not eating too much that comes out a packet, and generally keeping away from biscuits, cakes, slices, sauces. You don't need to exercise (unless it makes you feel good), and you should check out the Sweet Poison Facebook page for more info and some tips for a healthy lifestyle change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unmm I'm sorry but I don't think anyone who is pregnant should be reducing fruit intake which is a good source of vitamins & minerals! By all means cut out processed foods & reduce sugar/fat intake...but I would tread very carefully about any of those radical extremist diets. Talk to a dietician if needed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Falkor For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah this is defiantly not a trying to lose weight deliberately I've just heard of women actually losing weight during pregnancy by cutting out foods that are heavily processed and soda etc and wanted to hear from people first hand who have experienced it! I did try googling but it just comes up with diet programs! Not something I'm interested in at all!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Losing weight when pregnant?

I lost 6 kgs over the first 24 weeks. I ate a healthy, exercised as normal and didn't try to lose it. I never had ms or nausia. My mws and gp scalded me about dieting! Sent me to a dietitian who said I was doing fine. In labour I was 8kgs heavier than when I got bfp. 2wks later I lost 15 kgs. So was 7kgs lighter than bfp.

Oh...I am overweight too.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I lost weight while pregnant. I've always been a big girl who put on weight really easily. When I was pregnant I could eat what I wanted and not gain weight. I never budged from my starting weight.

I went to town! Fish and chips went from a couple of times a year to once a week. It was what I wanted. When I tried to eat most veggies I'd gag, where as before I'd always eaten lots of veggies. Twisties were also on my hit list. So many naughty foods, so little time...

So when DD popped out at 4.2kg and I left hospital I was 10kg lighter than my starting weight.

I certainly don't recommend this approach, but I loved my holiday.

I also don't agree with the PP saying limit fruit. Weight watchers has fruit at 0 points, so you can eat as much of it as you like. Warning: I hear grapes make big babies!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Losing weight when pregnant?

Ill just clarify, I had a huge urge to give my baby the best food I could. I didn't want him living on junk.

I worked in take away food at the time, it just didn't interest me

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I lost alot of weight while pregnant especially in the 1st 12 weeks, by the time bub was 2 weeks old I was 15kg lighter than when I got pregnant! : )

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't say I'm overweight I'm currently 68kgs and 5'6 obviously I'm fine with gaining weight during pregnancy it's part and parcel but I don't want to be unhealthy about it so ive been trying to clean up my diet by cutting out soft drink, unhealthy snacks and I am losing weight I'm just worried about what affect it will have on bubs if I'm pregnant and still losing weight by change of diet.