+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We haven't had any tonight even though we are in Sydney, must not be big in our area. Our plan was not to open the door as we don't have lollies in the house. OP did they act ****ed at the door when you didn't hand out lollies?

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not fond of Halloween either.

I don't condone my kids taking anything from strangers nor damaging their property nor approaching strangers so why would I allow it on this one day?

I was out earlier and there was a bunch of kids (12-13-14) in their school uniforms with a plastic bag- wtf? That's not even Halloween attire- grubs just want to scab lollies and walk the streets.

I'm sick of them setting my dogs off with their roaming the streets and squealing etc.

I hate that some kids "trick" I mean- sure a water bomb or silly string- but anything that causes damage should be reported to the police.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mystical mumma For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am with you on this one Sassy. I Hate it. Even on TV this morning they were saying if you don't give lollies that your house will be egged. I saw red. Why do people think this sort of behavior is ok.

I am not happy to tricked in any way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (31-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes, it seems to make vandals think they get a free pass.

Nobody came to our front door, so nobody asked us for a treat (they wouldn't have gotten one anyway, but that's beside the point). Our whole house is encased in a big fence... and we now have big dogs inside, and signs on the fence telling people so.

While our dogs would probably not do any "guarding," any instead just harass random strangers for cuddles, I think the idea that dogs are in there deters people... so didn't expect any Trick or Treaters.

Our cars are on the front lawn (there's still a little bit of lawn out of hte front) so the dogs have maximum yard space and also so it's easier for us to come and go.

DP's car is now in the yard (mine's old and a bit dented anyway, so I just left it out there) and is probably going to be in there from now on. He's way more anti-Halloween than I am (I'm not anti-Halloween, just hate the idea of Trick or Treating)... so this has surely cemented his hatred of it.

Just annoyed that people think this behaviour is acceptable...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default THIS is why I hate Halloween!

We are scrooges, we put a sign on our door lol

There were teens wandering around not even dressed up, no way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sux
    We had a party in our complex and put a note out to leave your light on if you dont mind a door knock.Luckily most ppl were cool,and we left the rest alone and the kids had a fab night anyways.
    I dont condone tricking ppls houses at all,thats just ruining it for everyone!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Grrrr! This really annoys me! Why must they be so horrible?!? Have their parents not taught them better?!? It's just freaking rude!'

Thanks
    Reviews

That is really wrong and definitely not on! I've seen older kids wandering around without any kind of costume and plastic bags as well. They won't get anything if they come to my door anyway.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

In 2000 age kids and told my dad he had to give them something even money or they would throw eggs at the house, dad went and got three eggs and asked is he could throw back.

I don't think it's fair to expect your neighbors to give you candy, why should they? That being said I can understand that kids want to and it's exciting for them.

Not sure why Australia has adopted it the last few years either, is there really any point to it? Besides the $$ that retail make off it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: THIS is why I hate Halloween!

I thought the idea was the person handed out a 'trick' or a 'treat' when door knockers came?

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

feelinglucky  (31-10-2012)