+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double Prams

Im looking to buy a double pram that would suit a toddler and a newborn. Recommendations please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a baby jogger city select and I love it. I tried using an adaptor to use the car capsule with it but lacked confidence so I just reclined the toddler seat that comes standard with it and strapped newborn into that. (not recommended by Baby Jogger) I did have plans to baby wear her until she was bigger but Summer changed my mind lol. I didn't see the point in buying the bassinet as it is only useful for a few months and then needs to be stored until the next baby comes along. For our next bub I'm going to hire the best matched capsule so I can use it on pram without the fiddly adaptor. Now they are bigger both girls love to be able to either see out or see each other if they are in the mood. I love the pram so much that I will keep it even when I am down to 1 bub in a pram. Has a massive basket and sometimes I call it the trolley by accident. I find it easy to use. Both my DH & I are tall so the extendible handle suits us. I chose the pram, informed my DH, who is notoriously tight. DH researched it (grilled the saleslady, put it up, put it down, drove it around, put the toddler in and out, and compared it to the other (cheaper) doubles) while I sat down and waited for him to agree with me and layby it! Being able to fit it in your car is a consideration though. We would have fit it in our sedan but having the 2 child seat straps plugged in across the boot space rendered the boot useless/fiddly. I honestly didn't look at other prams as I didn't want one that left one child with no view. I know cost is a factor too but we bought around baby expo time so the baby shops were having sales plus they had a sale on red seats that was awesome. Didn't care about colour so that suited us fine. Top tip is go to the baby shop and test drive them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beccacino For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Double Prams

we had the baby jogger city double a couple of years ago and loved it. but this time around we might get the mountain buggy duo because it'll convert back to a single later.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double Prams

After a lot of deliberation I have decided on the Phil &teds navigator... It will last a long time, spare parts are easy to come by and it is t huge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Double Prams

Depends what you want?

Light compact? Big storage? Good for long walks? Good for the car & for shopping centres? Optional rear/forward/inward (facing each other?)

Side by side is generally better steering but often won't go through doors and feels a bit wonky with a toddler and baby. But front/back if the toddler rides on the front steer like a pregnant whale.

I have a strider plus, but I don't drive, I walk about 20klms a week though, it's great for me as I don't have to collapse it and put it in the boot.

McLaren techno double is the lightest most compact option that I'd personally recommend. Or a baby jogger city mini double.

Baby jogger city select and Icandy pear you can do all sorts of configurations with which way the kids face which is cool but long so ideally think about having toddler in the back.

Also mountain buggy do a few cool doubles.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double Prams

Strider compact is meant to be good! I have a strider plus and love it but the compact looks sooo nice! Much lighter and narrower

Thanks
    Reviews
    As above I have a strider plus (only used it for one bub so far) but I want to get the strider compact before we have another baby.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Double Prams

I bought a Donkey for my 22 month gap. I chose it because I don't like double prams where one child is under the other so I was limited to a side-by-side, but I also didn't like the idea of buying something that would become redundant once DS3 had grown out of it. The Donkey converts to single-mode so we can keep using it even when DD is the only one in a pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone... I have an idea of where to start looking now....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to soulmama For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a strider compact for my younger 2. Ticked all the boxes for us.