+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Bloated & Water Retention

Hi ladies,
    I was hoping you may be able to offer some advice.
    I am 6 weeks preg. No MS or nausea really.
    I have however, had shocking cramps (no bleeding) - I think the cramps may be more related to my bowel though (a little constipated - sorry TMI!)
    I have been feeling really bloated also. Got on the scales this morning at seemed to have gained nearly 1kg since last week!
    I am thinking this is the same kind of fluid retention that comes with bloating right before AF arrives as I find it hard to believe I have gained a kg (I have not stopped exercising nor changed my eating!)
    Do you think this is what it could be?
    I am feeling quite deflated as for the last 4 weeks I have been losing weight (have been trying to get my weight down a little)
    I feel like this is a setback - or could it just be a bad time to get on the scales...
    Thanks for your replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs Leesey,

There is a great Clarins oil that I used to use for premenstrual bloating. It's an anti-water retention oil, here it is: http://int.clarins.com/%22Anti-Eau%2...004,en,pd.html

I have found that it actually works. Put it on after the shower when your skin is still damp, all the way from ankles to waist. It has directions for a special massage. Then go to bed and in the morning your legs will feel nice and light.

I buy it cheap on Strawberry Net and it's worth every penny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsStewart View Post
    Hi Mrs Leesey,

There is a great Clarins oil that I used to use for premenstrual bloating. It's an anti-water retention oil, here it is: <a href="http://int.clarins.com/%22Anti-Eau%22-Body-Treatment-Oil/C020301004,en,pd.html" target="_blank">http://int.clarins.com/%22Anti-Eau%22-Body-Treatment-Oil/C020301004,en,pd.html</a>

I have found that it actually works. Put it on after the shower when your skin is still damp, all the way from ankles to waist. It has directions for a special massage. Then go to bed and in the morning your legs will feel nice and light.

I buy it cheap on Strawberry Net and it's worth every penny!
    Wow that looks really good! Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Bloated & Water Retention

Is it safe use during pregnancy being an oil?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked the Clarins girl on the counter and she said yes, and on their website it is listed under 'pregnancy.' I haven't had bloating yet but am planning to use it when it happens. Also planning to use this in the days after the birth to reduce water retention.

I am using the Clarins stretch mark cream and the stretch mark 'tonic' oil which is also full of essential oils. I think it's ok - I'm pretty sure that you whatever you apply to the skin, it doesn't absorb into the blood******.

The only thing my pregnancy book and the dermatologist told me you can't use on your skin in pregnancy is retinol or vitamin A.