ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks MrsOhara i've decided to take one morning and night orally from 37-38wks and increase orally and maybe vaginally as i feel from there. The lady at the health food store said to take 2tabs 3x a day (6 a day of 1000mg) when i want labour to start. I think its too much now but will gradually get to that dose by 40wks.
    Those stabby pains are shocking, they've made me cry out at times too and stop me in my tracks. I find them the worst when i'm driving around and need to stop for the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so what does taking them orally do? i can understand putting it ''up there'' down there, but how does it work for the cervix if u swallow them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    so what does taking them orally do? i can understand putting it ''up there'' down there, but how does it work for the cervix if u swallow them?
    did some google research and it indicates that the prostaglandin effect still works if taken orally. Only going to try vaginally closer to term.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the EPO thing, orally and inserted. I got up to 6 orally, 4 internally per day. Unfortunately did nothing for me. There is prostaglandins in sperm....my midwife said that taking that orally is very effective as it is a much higher dose than EPO. Didn't work for me either, but might for you. My babies like to be born in the 42nd week.
    As for the stabby pains, they are normal. My ob laughed when I described them as "knife stabbed up the vagina pains". They are caused by pressure on nerves in that area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    I did the EPO thing, orally and inserted. I got up to 6 orally, 4 internally per day. Unfortunately did nothing for me. There is prostaglandins in sperm....my midwife said that taking that orally is very effective as it is a much higher dose than EPO. Didn't work for me either, but might for you. My babies like to be born in the 42nd week.
    As for the stabby pains, they are normal. My ob laughed when I described them as "knife stabbed up the vagina pains". They are caused by pressure on nerves in that area.
    lol. i have a question.. those stabby feelings.... is that what it feels like when you're actually pushing the baby out? or is it worse? i have heard of a burning feeling..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy,

I'm 34 weeks and have been getting those 'stabby' feelings for probably about a month or so now. It's the baby's head pushing onto nerves down there, so my midwife says. It feels like when you get a pap smear to me, like a scrapping of the cervix. I had them with my DD too.

And no, that 'stabby' pain is nothing like labour/contraction pains or the pain of pushing the baby out. Sorry, it's a whole other type of pain - not to scare you! It was for me anyway.