+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Ouch, that hurts!!! - Week 1, Day 3 - Blog 10

So, I just finished my first Ripped workout. First things first, my arms hurt a lot right now. Also, my husband just made fun of me because to check that, I lifted them up and he sang "I believe I can fly" at me but I digress. The reason I'm surprised by this is because the toning sticks included with the programme are only 1lb, so around 500grams. I really focused on making them heavier so kind of resisting the moves with my muscles to make the weights seem heavier and get a better workout.

My thighs and bum are both killing me as well, like I can complain about that, after all I'd love to have a nice bum and skinny thighs and this is the best way to get it! Also, abs...so much ab work! A lot of obliques which is what will get me the six pack I've always wanted but haven't had since I was 10 years old and doing gymnastics!

I've just been online to the Zumba shop and ordered some of the 2.5lb (or a bit over 1kg) toning sticks along with some Zumba shoes. The sneakers that I'm wearing, I've had forever and for doing a lot of the Zumba moves, they dig in to my ankles. I was pleased to find that Zumba had a shop in Australia because I was thinking I'd have to order from the US (which I was prepared to do) and would have to wait weeks for shipping so that was a total plus!

Hmmmmm, what else...the workout was good but there were still a lot of dance moves in it. For some reason me and the salsa do not mix! My feet just get tangled up in each other so I gave up and just did "step out, step together, step out, step together". I know eventually I'll get the hang of it and I don't think I've mentioned this yet but I spend a lot of the workout giggling at myself (which I've heard helps you lose weight!!!).

Anyway, I'm off to have dinner, grab a shower and...I dunno. Collapse, probably! Fingers crossed my legs will hold me up long enough to actually shower!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow, super effort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Man, ripped is hardcore! Not as hard as exhilarate, though. I think that's because it's slower since you're doing weights. Still hard going, though!