+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much milk does your 14mth old drink?

DS still has 3 bottles per day, usually anywhere between 160-200ml each.

Up until this week, he hasn't been able to eat any other dairy, so the bottles were important. Now that he has had yoghurt and cheese slowly introduced, just wondering how much milk he now needs at 14mths old?

He's a very good eater with a varied diet. Some bottles he doesn't finish all of, he they aren't pushed on to him.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would keep it to 150-160 3 times a day if he is still eating a lot. If he cuts down on food I'd reduce his milk or water it down. Does he drink water too?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks - yes he drinks plenty of water , it's the only other liquid he has apart from milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD is the same age and was CMPI so no dairy at all. Thankfully we challenged the intolerance when she turned 1 and no reaction, yay!

She has 1 bottle of Neocate before bed and that's it. She doesn't have milk or formula in her sippy cup, just water. She has a piece of cheese and a small yoghurt each day and I use normal full fat milk in things like scrambled eggs and banana 'ice-cream' (just frozen banana in the food processor with a little milk).

Given the current recommendation is to wean off bottles at around one, I'll be trying to drop the night bottle soon and seeing if she'll have some formula out of her sippy cup after/with dinner. So far she's appeared incredibly offended at the idea of milk not being served in a bottle so we'll see!

She has a varied and healthy diet so I'm pretty happy with what we're doing. Too much calcium can impact iron absorption so balance is important.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I express about 200ml when she is in daycare, so that's about 8hours worth, so I would guess about 600ml a day of breastmilk. It's her only 'dairy' as she is CMPI. Trying to night wean but she isn't keen.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    banana 'ice-cream' (just frozen banana in the food processor with a little milk).
    What a great idea!!

DD is almost 14 months. She has three bottles. However eats dairy and full cream milk in things. She drinks a lot of water too!

Lately she is only drinking two half bottles (about 120-150mls) and then one full bottle. Today however she she drank hardly any milk. I know she loves her mid sleep 10pm bottle. But I am wondering now if I should cut out the 7am bottle as she just pretty much rejects it now. She drinks 7am,7pm,10pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 14 months and has 3 x 180ml bottles a day (11am, 3pm, 7pm). She also drinks water and diluted juice. I think I could probably drop the 3pm milk, as I only eally gave it to her to get her to sleep for her afternoon nap, and now she seems to be moving to one nap.

The thing is, I know she just loves her milk. I started teaching her a bit of sign language, and ever since she learned the sign for milk, she asks for it all day!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    DD is the same age and was CMPI so no dairy at all. Thankfully we challenged the intolerance when she turned 1 and no reaction, yay!
    Yes this was us too! Except DS was on Elecare instead.

But we've now challenged the intolerance and so far so good - but that's why I don't know how much milk now. The Elecare gave him everything he needs, but now he can eat/drink dairy it's a whole new world!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Yes this was us too! Except DS was on Elecare instead.

But we've now challenged the intolerance and so far so good - but that's why I don't know how much milk now. The Elecare gave him everything he needs, but now he can eat/drink dairy it's a whole new world!
    It's so much easier isn't it!!! No more worrying about them grabbing food off out plates and all that. So much more variety for them.

Thanks
    Reviews

5 x 200ml. Loves his bottles still but loves food also.