+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done an ovulation test this evening and it's negative, so now I really don't know why my breasts hurt! I guess for now at least I can go out on the weekend and have a glass of wine! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cramping?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsNDL View Post
    I have done an ovulation test this evening and it's negative, so now I really don't know why my breasts hurt! I guess for now at least I can go out on the weekend and have a glass of wine! X
    Ovulation tests only show a positive on the day you have a surge of the hormone LH. This happens anywhere between 12-36 hours before you O. The point of an OPK is to tell you ovulation is approaching.

Sore breasts can be sore a few days before O, the day of O and for several days after due to progesterone levels affecting your body. It will probably take you a few cycles to become familiar with how your body reacts each month.

When using OPKs it's best to start using them on day 10 and continue doing them each afternoon until you get a positive. You should then O somewhere within the next 3 days.

Of course there's still a chance you could be pregnant, Im not saying that's not possible, just letting you know that progesterone also gives you symptoms like sore breasts so don't drive yourself crazy yet
    Last edited by HillDweller; 26-02-2015 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I didn't realise that we suffer pains during period, ovulation and pregnancy! That's not fair! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNDL View Post
    Thank you! I didn't realise that we suffer pains during period, ovulation and pregnancy! That's not fair! X
    Haha! You're right, it's completely unfair isn't it! x