ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Week One- The Official Stuff

So as all of you know, as a part of the challenge, each competitor is required to answer a set of questions from the good people at Zumba each week. So sit back, grab your fat free air-popped popcorn and your bottle of water and enjoy my highly entertaining answers*

*NOTE: Answers may or may not be entertaining according to your personal disposition regarding humour and what you find personally funny. Most likely they won't be.

Have you ever taken a Zumba class before this?
    No, never! I've always wanted to, but I was living in a different town last year and no classes were being held. Zip, zero, nada. I searched frantically but it was all in vain.

How are you feeling about embarking on this challenge over the next 8 weeks? Seriously nervous that I won't make as huge a change as I envisioned. Relieved that I am finally acknowledging this problem of mine. Happy at being one of the compeitors chosen and to be perfectly honest, it was a huge wake up call that I WAS chosen. For too long I have been saying that it's all under control- if I wanted to I could get healthy easily no problems. (Trouble is, if it was so easy I would have done it years ago, right?)

What are you hoping to achieve? Emotional? Physical?
    Emotionally I neeeeeeeed to break my attachment to food. And even the subconscious part of reaching for food before I even realise it.
    I want to like myself in my own skin again. I want to be a loving partner, like I was before kids. Without limits, not worried about that angle or that light affects my stretchmarks and saddle bags.

Physically I neeeeeeed to get rid of this pouch I carry in my front. It's where you notice my weight the most. I am a classic apple shape- all my weight goes to my stomach before anywhere else, and then I have next to no bum underneath it. So reduce tummy, and get a cracker clacker.
    But more than that, I want to increase my stamina for any physical activity. I've always loved dancing- I've danced since I was 5, and did Calisthenics from 5 to 18 years old. I took a few years off and now I am a teacher I actually choreograph and organise my schools J-Rock entries (like Rock Eisteddfod for Primary Schools) and I can't even do the duration of the 6 minute routine when 6 year olds can! Embarassing!

Of the seven DVDs (Step by Step, Activate, Ripped, Exhilarate, Rush, Mix, Fitness concert), which ones have you tried so far and what were your first impressions?

I've done the step by step, Activate and I tried Ripped for about 5 minutes before quickly running to the DVD player and pushing eject- I am not ready for that yet lol!
    I LOVED the step by step DVD- the instructors break it down into such simple steps, and they picked up the tempo at a great pace for me (but learning steps comes naturally to me after dancing all my life). Even at this pace, with lots of rest periods I still broke out a sweat lol!

Activate is great, and it's been my daily fix so far. I like the repetitiveness of the steps in sequence, but at the same time they don't linger for so long that it gets boring. (And I quite like the male backup dancers too! ) It is at a good level that gets my heartbeat up and racing, but doesn't leave me gagging for air. My goal for the first 4 weeks is to be able to complete the whole DVD without breaks- wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Week One- The Official Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    So sit back, grab your fat free air-popped popcorn and your bottle of water and enjoy my highly entertaining answers*
    How many times do I have to tell you to stop peeking in my windows, Nomsie! That is exactly what I had for my afternoon snack!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Haha, it's what I've been thinking about for days, just haven't got around to doing it yet. I always have kernels in my cupboard, because plain air popped is the only way it's eaten in this house. (We save the buttery and salty stuff for when we go to the movies- like twice a year lol!)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You're such a good Zumba mumma Nomsie. I, true to type, will leave my Zumba homework until just before it is due, because that's how I roll.