+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Desperately in need of a good pediatrician in Sydney!!! Please help

Hello, my name is Jeff and this is my first time on this forum or any parents forum like it. We desperately need opinions on the best Pediatrician(s) in Sydney. We have a 7 week old boy who is EXTREMELY unsettled and nobody can seem to help us. He screams unbearably and he doesn't sleep at all in the day. Luckily, he seems to get to sleep at night.After about 10 doctors visits and a 4 day stint in the Children's emergency in Randwick, we still have no answers. We aren't completely convinced that he needed to be in the ER. When we brought him in, the nurses heard his screams and said there must be something wrong. They tested him for everything under the sun (meningitis, pneumonia, and a slew of other bacteria and viruses), they did spinal taps and pocked and proded him to no avail. Then the doctors basically threw their hands in the air and said they weren't sure. They said it could be colic, allergies, wind, reflux, silent reflux, etc etc etc. He is currently on reflux meds and they don't seem to be helping at all. We're just so worried that he has spent the last 4 weeks in constant pain. We should be enjoying this time with our newborn and instead we are spending all our energy just trying to sooth his pain and crying. He barely smiles and his screams are just pure pain. Every doctor that has heard him is disturbed by the pain in his cries, as Vicky and I are. He has actually screamed to the point where his throat has bled.We are just so worried about how this will affect mentally as well as physically if we can't find someone to help him soon.Please, I hope somebody can recommend somebody that will help us. We don't want to see our little boy suffer anymore and we just need him to be healthy. We're not really looking for more online answers as we have vetted every website we can find. We just need someone who can see him and help him and not just shrug their shoulders.I thank you for your responses in advance.Jeff and Vicky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

First off I am so truly sorry for what you and your little son are going through. We had a health scare with our DD when she was 3 weeks and as a parent it is heart breaking and devastating when something is wrong.

We have a wonderful pediatrician called Dr Peter Campbell who's based in the consulting suites at Prince of Wales Private Hospital.

He delivered our DD and she's seen him several times since. He has a wonderful bedside manner and explores all avenues with you without being over the top or handing out meds like they are m&ms...he loves kids and is very knowledgable. We think he's terrific and can't recommend him highly enough.

I wish you the very best of luck with your journey to find some answers. I hope you find relief soon and settle into enjoying parenthood like you are supposed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you can get it sorted ASAP. Dr Charles Scarf in Hurstville is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope you can get some answers soon.
    Dr Freelander at campbelltown is awesome!
    He is old school and actually listens to parents!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Dr Con James in Bondi above Westfield or rooms in Canterbury. He's a no nonsense kind of dr. A spade is a spade. I'm a nurse, so I'm fussy with who treats my kids. I've also got 2 kids with health issues and he's been nothing but fabulous. Also get a referral for dr Avi Lemberg, rooms in randwick shopping centre. He's a paed gastro and he too is great. Book in now as it can take 3 months to see him. Dr James does Tuesdays and Fridays at Bondi. 02 93691222. Shouldn't take too long to get in. Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Called all these places and nobody can see him for weeks. Our doctor is having him admitted at the children's hospital again :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck at the hospital. It may be a good idea to make an appointment with a paediatrcian anyway incase you are still not satisfied with the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

What was the birth like?

I would recommend a Chiro. Worked wonders for my boy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck. Hope you are able to get some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same problem, did u get any answers?

Hi there, I know this is an old post however I'm hoping you might have some answers. My 7 week old girl has exactly the same problems you are describing! It's heartbreaking watching her scream every day. She's on reflux medication but it doesn't seem to be working.