+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default when r ur antenatal visits initially?

When is everyone having antenatal visits? I am not seeing anyone until 21 weeks now and my last check will have been at 12 weeks with my scan. I'm sure with my others I saw someone in there somewhere. It seems a long time between visits. I am going public, and will start with the birth centre at 24 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: when r ur antenatal visits initially?

I'm going through a midwife program at a public hospital. I had my first appointment when I was 21 weeks. I saw my gp at 18 weeks to get a referral for the morph scan and before that at 10 weeks to get a referral for the nt scan and went back after for results.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I was surprised at how long they left it between appointments, I had my first midwife appt at 14 weeks then my next wasn't until today at 22 weeks... But they told me my next appt will be in 3 weeks time, so who knows!

Thanks
    Reviews

It really depends on your care provider. Whether you have a midwife, OB, GP or go public or private.

I'm public but live rurally and my GP is also my OB. I saw him every 4 weeks from 4-28 weeks, now it's fortnightly (I'm currently 34+3) but will go to weekly from 36 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am going to a public birth centre and my first appointment was at 20 weeks, my next is at 28 weeks, then i think monthly until later in the pregnancy (so at 32, 36 and then more frequently from there - every 1-2 weeks i think).
    I did have a 'book in' type appointment at 12 weeks and my 2 scans before the first official appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I was under gp / midwife shared care publicly last year. I had my first antenatal check up with the midwives at 12weeks preg. The next appointment was 16 weeks where I saw both Middies and Obstetrician.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going public- booking in (paperwork etc) at 11weeks, then saw OB at 16 weeks (think that was more to make sure there wasn't anything that could class me as a higher risk patient- if was the only time I saw an OB in the whole pregnancy!) then midwife appointments from 26 weeks. 4 weekly at first I think but got a bit closer together towards the end.