+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,599
    Thanks
    3,256
    Thanked
    4,044
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

    Default Re: Today at the shops...

    I've had more positives than negatives in public and same I just smile brightly at them trying to glare me down. Cos I know I'm awesome they can just go suck lemons

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (18-10-2012),River Song  (18-10-2012)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,599
    Thanks
    3,256
    Thanked
    4,044
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

    Default Re: Today at the shops...

    The best one was a dude on the plane kept turning in his seat in front of me to glare at me.

    Well Sorrrreeee dude there's no discreet way to breast feed a 3 year old sitting next to me because we both had to keep seat belts on in the air while 5 months pregnant. But here's a thought.... don't turn around! So I just beamed brightly every time he turned around.

    Douche.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (18-10-2012)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    27
    Reviews
    0
    This has made me feel more confident when baby comes along, 10 years ago I had a lot of comments made to me and about me when I fed my daughter in public. I have never really known if it was because I was young, I was 21 but looked about 15, or because I was bf in public. I am looking forward to seeing if there is any different now... although I have been nevous that I will have bad reactions again.

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,804
    Thanks
    7,291
    Thanked
    9,742
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Today at the shops...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bindi81 View Post
    This has made me feel more confident when baby comes along, 10 years ago I had a lot of comments made to me and about me when I fed my daughter in public. I have never really known if it was because I was young, I was 21 but looked about 15, or because I was bf in public. I am looking forward to seeing if there is any different now... although I have been nevous that I will have bad reactions again.
    Haha I have a 10 yr old DD and a newborn DD! I got asked how old I was a lot too.
    I'm glad you feel more confident I was nervous initially, then thought stuff em!

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,804
    Thanks
    7,291
    Thanked
    9,742
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Today at the shops...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    The best one was a dude on the plane kept turning in his seat in front of me to glare at me.

    Well Sorrrreeee dude there's no discreet way to breast feed a 3 year old sitting next to me because we both had to keep seat belts on in the air while 5 months pregnant. But here's a thought.... don't turn around! So I just beamed brightly every time he turned around.

    Douche.

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    :haha: that's gold!

  8. #16
    threechooks's Avatar
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,654
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked
    420
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We can all do our bit by making an effort to smile at a lady BF'ing in public or make a nice comment

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,677
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked
    1,689
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Today at the shops...

    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    We can all do our bit by making an effort to smile at a lady BF'ing in public or make a nice comment
    I would feel weird if someone smiled at me while BFing, just continue on and mind your business. I have never had any comments neg or pos, I just do what has to be done.

    Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,964
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Today at the shops...

    Good on you... Ive also found the old ducks are nicest when it comes to bf'ing..

  11. #19
    threechooks's Avatar
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,654
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked
    420
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I would feel weird if someone smiled at me while BFing, just continue on and mind your business. I have never had any comments neg or pos, I just do what has to be done.

    Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    Everyone certainly is different. I know it makes my day when someone smiles or positivly comments on me BF'ing in public.

  12. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,334
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked
    289
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Today at the shops...

    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    We can all do our bit by making an effort to smile at a lady BF'ing in public or make a nice comment
    I saw a lady BF her newbie in Medicare a few weeks ago (my little girl was in the car with DH) and took care not to stare just acted normal but realized later I should of given her a positive comment, I would certainly be ok and happy with someone giving me a positive comment


 

Similar Threads

  1. Best Baby Shops
    By Mama Mirabelle in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-09-2012, 21:31
  2. Are the shops open in Perth today?
    By FrogsnSnails in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 14:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›