+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does your partner get cranky...

Does your partner get cranky /resentful that they have to get up early and work long hours? This morning at 5am my husband was banging doors, being cranky as all get out, I asked what was wrong and he was like "don't worry, go back to bed and get your precious sleep".

Now, I know he was just venting and probably tired but he mentions it alot, how hard he works, and I ever dare mention that I'm tired WELL... watch out! He goes on and on about how I shouldn't be tired Cause I get more sleep than him.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bahahaha yes she does.

I remind her that she gets 6 days off after 4 shifts, and I get 2 days off after 5, and she shuts up pretty quickly.

ETA: she doesn't bang things around or try to wake me though It's usually if I say something like "Yay! Sleep in tomorrow!" on a Saturday where she starts at 6am.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 17-10-2012 at 08:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH is really good but I do get really cranky if I am feeling hard done by in the sleeping stakes!!! My DH and I try and have empathy for each other and that really helps. We both try and consider what the other would like/need as much as possible. And DH is usually pretty selfless and rational, so if he is cranky, I know it's something he really needs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My DH is crazy, he has worked 11 hour days this week but gets up at 5am to go for a 2 hour bike ride every other day!!!! DS and I are usually still snoozing when he gets home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 05-11-2012 at 17:16.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah no my hubby doesn't act like that and tbh if he did I would tell him to grow up... My hubby is a shiftworker, his hours are crazy and he never complains because he knows he is going out to support his family and he wants our kids to have me at home with them until they go to school...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

He complains occasionally but it's usually more because his long hours means missing out on time with us & that he's exhausted on the weekends. He's never done anything that would disturb me or DS - he'll even apologize if his alarm wakes me up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No... My DH does shift work and this morning he started at 5:30am. Last night he said to me "I'll be super quiet when I leave in the morning" because he knows I need my sleep as I haven't been sleeping well.

I would probably be a little miffed it he was slamming things. I get that early mornings are annoying but we both have roles and responsibilities...venting is one thing but passive aggressive comments and slamming things is just childish....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, not at all.

His alarm goes at 6am, and he gets DD up and showers with her, and then I get up once they're out of the shower.

TBH I'd be really upset if he said things like that. He knows that giving up my career was hard for me, and that I would be devastated if I thought that he valued what I did any less than what he does.

At weekends I have a lie in one day and he does the other, as we both view it that from 9-5 (or thereabouts) Mon-Fri we are both working, and then for evenings and weekends we share who does what. No one has it easy.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (17-10-2012),GreenMama  (17-10-2012),River Song  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    He complains occasionally but it's usually more because his long hours means missing out on time with us & that he's exhausted on the weekends. He's never done anything that would disturb me or DS - he'll even apologize if his alarm wakes me up!
    This is my DH too. I think we picked right!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (17-10-2012)